- Up to $20k relocation assistance provided to successful applicant
- Support the development of the new headspace Colac
- Increase community awareness to support early access to youth health services
- Work collaboratively with the community to ensure the centre delivers youth-focussed services
- Hello work/life balance! Permanent Part Time – 40 hours per fortnight
About the service
Barwon Health’s Mental Health, Drugs and Alcohol Services and Colac Area Health, in collaboration with local Colac partners, have established a new headspace centre for young people aged 12-25 in the Colac/Otway region who are experiencing concerns about their mental health and wellbeing.
headspace Colac centre is a ‘one-stop shop’ for young people. It provides free, youth friendly, holistic care across the headspace four core streams: mental health, physical and sexual health, alcohol and other drugs and vocational training/educational support. The centre prioritising providing and tailoring services to young people who are presenting with significant risk factors.
About the role
As the successful applicant, you will be committed to delivering high quality primary mental
health and AOD interventions for young people aged 12-25 with mental health and
wellbeing concerns. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team, consisting of general practitioners (GPs), allied health and nursing staff to facilitate the provision of coordinated clinical care and treatment.
The key objectives of this role are:
- To provide intake, screening, initial care coordination and assessment.
- To provide evidenced informed counselling interventions tailored to the needs of young people and their families.
- To discuss and direct to other service linkages outside headspace as required.
- Formal professionally recognised qualifications in Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychiatric Nursing
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- A demonstrated level of clinical skills in the primary mental health practice and / or AOD with young people
- Advanced clinical decision making skills, particularly around the management of risk in relation to young people
- Knowledge of the underlying principles, clinical care and best practice models in working with the 12 – 25 years of age group
What we offer
- Up to $20,000 cash re-imbursement to cover relocation expenses
- EBA leave entitlements with the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to 24/7 employee wellness facility
- Proximity to the Great Ocean Road and the Surf Coast
- Attractive salary packaging benefits! Living Expenses capped at $9,010 and includes repayments on mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and rental payments / Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2,650 and includes food and drink consumed in a social or entertainment settings.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
We are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. We also strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
We are strongly committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Click here for further information on the Victorian Government’s Child Safe Standards: About Child Safe Standards | Victorian Government (www.vic.gov.au) We are also proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments to submit your application for this role, please contact [email protected] noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
Applicants for this role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza and meet the requirements of the Barwon health immunisation policy.