“We support individuals living with mental health challenges to achieve outcomes they value.”
About the Role
- Full Time & Part Time (0.8 FTE) Permanent Positions
- Classification: Consumer Service Delivery Level 3 with a salary range of $82,123 – $88,367 per annum pro rata + Superannuation
- Salary Packaging arrangements providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses increasing your take home income where part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, savings thousands in tax each year
- Location: Remotely & Fairfield, VIC
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
We have been providing mental health support for over 30 years. We were founded on an alliance between professionals, individuals and their families. Collaborative recovery remains at the heart of who we are today.
About your new role
The Intake & Wellbeing Worker will work as part of a collaborative team approach, supported by regular opportunities to reflect upon their practice and access comprehensive training and development. The team work with participants from the Partners in Wellbeing service to provide specialist psychosocial and wellbeing supports which will be delivered across Victoria via telephone and video technology.
Intake & Wellbeing Workers will assess the need for supports such as intensive specialist mental health screening and perform risk assessments, including arranging referrals to other providers. They carry out comprehensive assessments of the needs of the individual and provide the individual with the necessary information of the sorts of services available to support their identified needs and the possible waiting times for services and support programs.
What will Neami offer in return?
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave, an Accrued Day Off each month (For Full Time Only), Gratis Leave and Wellness leave
- Professional development through regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Ongoing extensive in-house Learning and Development Programs to encourage learning and skill-building
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Benestar – access a holistic health and wellness offering of supports and resources to Neami staff and their immediate family
- Work flexibility arrangements available for maintaining your work-life balance
What you will bring to the role?
- Ability to establish respectful professional relationships that have clear boundaries with consumers, staff and partner organisations
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust to deal with sensitive and difficult situations in a diplomatic manner
- Proven ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and to prioritise multiple tasks to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Positively listens and consults with others to proactively address conflict
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility and foster open communication
What the role requires:
- National Criminal History Check (Police check) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Current Working with Children Check required before commencement of work
- Current Drivers licence
- Australian Working Rights
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Tina Cao, Service Manager Partners in Wellbeing, [email protected]
Applications Close: Sunday 20 August 2023
Be Yourself – Neami values and celebrates diversity including multidisciplinary teams and the unique backgrounds, experiences, and contributions that each person brings to our community. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that is accessible, inclusive and reflects the community in which we live.