About the Accoras Team
Accoras has been delivering mental health and wellbeing services to South-East Queensland young people and families for 30 years. Accoras operates headspace Inala in a lead agency capacity, providing early intervention and support to young people in the areas of primary health, mental health, drug and alcohol, and vocation and education supports.
Working at Accoras
In a recent survey, our people rated the team culture, management capability and quality of services provided as the top 3 things they like about Accoras, highlighting a genuine care for our people and our clients. In October 2022, Accoras was also honoured to receive the Earle Duus Award in the 2022 QLD Mental Health Awards, recognising the contributions our team makes to people living with mental illness.
We are looking for a skilled youth-friendly Intake Clinician to provide comprehensive intake, triaging, assessment, care coordination, mental health support and evidence-based interventions to young people aged 12-25 who are experiencing mild to moderate mental health concerns.
As part of a multidisciplinary team that serves as the first point of contact to our Centre, our Intake Clinicians demonstrate an exceptional level of rapport building and professionalism in their approach. The role supports the clinical delivery of treatment and care, ensuring young people and their families receive timely, responsive and suitable services to meet their needs.
The Intake Clinician will effectively engage, screen, assess, and refer young people who access headspace Inala for support, and provide information, advice and guidance to their family and friends where needed. The Intake Clinician is also expected to provide brief interventions and deliver group programs, whilst coordinating care for young people who present with low intensity needs.
This is a full-time, permanent contract.
We’re looking for someone with tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Counselling or another relevant human services field, including professional registration where relevant. You will also have the ability to:
- Relate to young people in a manner which is relevant and appropriate to their developmental and cognitive level of functioning, and provide services in a youth friendly manner;
- Conduct psycho-social assessments of young people presenting to the service, using the headspace assessment tool, document case formulation and provide recommended care options;
- Conduct risk assessments, including assessment of suicide risk, deliberate self-harm, and violence and provide follow up support, referrals and treatment;
- Refer young people as appropriate to external support services and provide follow up support;
- Facilitate and monitor the integration and coordination of care of headspace Inala young people, including participating in case conference meetings;
- Provide brief interventions to a small caseload of young people with mild to moderate mental health presentations.
You must also have a current driver’s licence and the ability to obtain a Working with Children check and successful police history check.
Our clients have a variety of cultural backgrounds and life experiences, and we are committed to building a team that reflects and responds to the diversity within our community. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a personal experience of mental illness, people who identify as LGBTQI+ and gender diverse, and people with a disability.
What we offer:
- Above award rates with generous salary packaging options only available to employees of a not-for-profit organisation
- Portable long service leave
- A flexible workplace that accommodates preferences for an eight or nine day fortnight
- Additional paid leave over Christmas and on your birthday, and a paid volunteer day each year
- Professional development, training and regular supervision and mentoring.
Please click on the Apply Now button and follow the prompts to upload your résumé and cover letter.