The Intake Officer position provides effective screening and referral services to clients of Relationships Australia NT. The position undertakes case management of sensitive client matters and liaises with counsellors, mediators, and other personnel. The incumbent and the services provided are subject to relevant legislation and RA-NT policies and procedures.
What We Offer:
Our people matter to us, and we are committed to supporting them and their wellbeing.
- Competitive Salary + 10.5% Super + Salary Sacrifice (up to $15,899 for tax free benefits and $2,650 p/a for entertainment benefits).
- Generous Professional Development of $2000 and 8 days study leave, pro rata per year.
- 5 weeks Annual Leave with leave loading + 3 days extra leave between Christmas and New Year.
- EAP for employees and family members.
- Wellbeing Allowance of $500 per financial year.
- Relocation assistance of $4000, if relocating from interstate.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Sciences or other relevant areas.
- Demonstrated experience working in a professionally competent manner in a human services setting.
- Ability to engage distressed clients to identify their support needs, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to demonstrate professional competence when screening and assessing people experiencing family relationship issues.
- Demonstrated case management experience, information recording, file administration, and liaison with service providers to deliver effective client services.
- Advanced level of administrative skills and experience using IT databases and computer systems.
- Experience providing referral options for clients to access appropriate services.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice relating to family relationships, domestic violence and child protection when assessing a client’s needs.
- Demonstrated capacity to maintain confidentiality over sensitive client information and to contribute positively to a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Experience in the provision of services to Aboriginal, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse clients and a willingness to participate in cross-cultural training and events.
- Willingness to uphold RA-NT values, and to comply with workplace policy and Code of Conduct, and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
- A satisfactory Northern Territory working with children check.
- A satisfactory national criminal history check.
- A commitment to our Safeguarding Children Practice and Behaviour Guidelines.
Applications must be limited to a one-page Cover Letter addressing Selection Criteria and include Resume and two Referees. For further information, go to our website nt.relationships.org.au, or to discuss this position further please contact Nathalia on 8923 4999.
Applications will be processed as received.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.