- Are you passionate about supporting Aboriginal community members impacted by family violence?
- Help improve safety, increase stability, and strengthen the connection to Aboriginal culture, community, and family networks!
- Enjoy competitive remuneration in line with SCHADS level 5 and salary packaging!
About the Organisation
BWAHS delivers a range of programs and services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, men and their families who have been impacted by family violence. These services include the provision of case management, intensive family support, counselling for women, men and youth and children, and programs for men, women and children
The Integrated Family Services Practitioner works with young people and children to provide case management that meets the needs of the family. They will use a child-centred approach to work with children and young people and their families to set goals, including undertaking risk and safety planning.
About the Opportunity
BWAHS is currently seeking an Integrated Family Services Practitioner to join their team on a full-time basis, located in Bayswater, Melbourne.
Reporting to the IFS Team Leader, you will be responsible for promoting healthy family functions, including safety from violence, overall safety, stability and the development of Aboriginal children.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing culturally appropriate service to families referred to Integrated Family Services;
- Providing outreach case management and case coordination service to children, young people, and their families;
- Undertaking child and family assessments and planning processes based on the Best Interest Framework for vulnerable children and young people;
- Work in a strengths-based, child-centred, family-focused way where the well-being and safety of children and young people remain focal;
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with Child FIRST, Child Protection and Family Violence services; and
- Time management, risk assessment, and prioritising tasks to manage your own caseload.
For more information about the role, please click on ‘Apply Now’!
To be considered for this role, you must have demonstrable experience working in family services & family violence case management or a closely related sector, as well as relevant tertiary qualifications.
In addition to this, you will have a comprehensive understanding of the dynamics and impact of family violence in Aboriginal families across the community, particularly as it relates to the cultural context of women, children, and their families within the Community.
As a confident communicator, you will have the skills necessary to work independently and as part of a small team, with a competent level of computer literacy.
Finally, you will need a practical understanding of State and Regional Aboriginal family violence strategies and frameworks and either have knowledge of or be willing to learn about other relevant services that operate in the area.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Benefits
This is a highly rewarding opportunity to join a passionate team and make a genuine difference in the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members and their children and families who are impacted by family violence.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive remuneration package in line with SCHADS Level 5 (commensurate with your skills and experience), plus salary packaging up to $15,999.
As a growing organisation, BWAHS offers fantastic job security and is committed to investing in its staff, with ongoing training and professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role.
Finally, you’ll also benefit from a fantastic work/life balance to suit your needs.
Please note: You will need to hold or be willing to obtain a current National Police Check and Working with Children Check. You will also need a current Driver’s License.
For an opportunity to build relationships with families in the community while making a genuine difference in their lives – Apply Now!