Relationships Australia Queensland (RAQ) has a long history of supporting people to have positive and meaningful connections. We have a team of over 400 counsellors and support staff who are proud to work with purpose in an organisation that makes a difference.
About the Role
We are currently seeking applications for a permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week) Case Worker in the Intensive Family Support (IFS) service located at our Townsville venue.
The IFS Service is funded by the Department of Communities to improve the safety and wellbeing of vulnerable children and their families to prevent entry to and/or further progression into the statutory child protection system. The purpose of this role is to deliver a range of intensive support services, using a systematic case management model, to families with children aged between 0-18 years who’s considered vulnerable and at risk.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Conducting child and family assessments to determine strengths and needs of the family
- Working collaboratively with service networks to ensure that families have access to services as required using local referral protocols
- Developing, implementing and evaluating action plans to address client needs
- Providing individual and family counselling as needed, and making appropriate referrals for clients who would benefit from longer term or more specialised therapeutic interventions
- Maintaining confidentiality and duty of care, including identification of domestic and family violence
The successful applicant will possess
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in the delivery of services to families who are considered to be vulnerable and at risk, as well as
- Theoretical knowledge of family systems and strengths-based approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to manage caseloads and proven effective time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, and
- The capacity to engage constructively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The salary being offered is $73,554 to $88,144 per annum (pro rata for part-time), to be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience, plus superannuation and generous salary packaging options where eligible which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay. Other attractive benefits are available including additional annual leave over the Christmas period, annual leave loading and study leave.
How to Apply
To apply, send us your resume and a cover letter responding to your experience in the areas outlined in this advertisement.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so don’t wait Apply today!
Applications close at 11:59pm 31 July 2022