Position Classification: Social Worker Lvl 4 OR Psychologist
Remuneration: $35.93 – $58.95 per hour dependant on qualifications
Hours Per Week: up to 38
Requisition ID: REQ427086
Northern NSW Local Health District (NNSWLHD) New Street Service is seeking a Health Clinician to coordinate, community based, specialist treatment service for 10-17 year olds who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviours, and is a NSW Health Child Protection initiative. Playing a key role in ensuring the delivery of quality, specialist services in a forensic service. The program includes a specific focus on improving outcomes for Aboriginal peoples.
If you have/are:
- Relevant qualification in Bachelor of Social Work with eligibility for membership to Australian Association of Social Workers OR Degree in Psychology with full registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Ability to provide counselling services to individuals, and families in the context of child sexual assault, trauma, violence and abuse
- Understanding of intergenerational trauma, child sexual abuse and the principles of family focussed intervention, with the ability to engage with young people who have sexually harmed and with their families, including Aboriginal children and families
- Accreditation or willingness to undertake accreditation with the Child Sex Offender Counsellor Accreditation Scheme administered by the NSW Children’s Guardian, and maintain this
We can offer you:
· Flexible and supportive work environment
· Diverse career pathways
· Professional and personal development
· Opportunities to start or build a career, or re-enter the workforce
· Challenging, inspiring and rewarding roles, and
· The opportunity to make a difference!
Northern NSW Local Health District embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that our people bring to the workplace. We foster inclusiveness and diversity to help us deliver quality care to our community.
NNSWLHD is committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. All applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably. For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
· To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
· You may be subject to a probationary period of three months from the date of appointment to this position.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Samuel Hickingbotham on [email protected]
Applications Close: 10 September 2023