Community Resources’ vision is to build and support thriving communities which value people, planet and the traditional custodians of the land. Our mission is to create jobs that care for people and planet. Our values of being authentic, fair, kind, brave and sustainable uphold our vision and mission. We aim to make a difference by creating jobs that care for people and planet, keep waste out of landfill, grow and distribute fair food, and provide community service to those who need it.
Green Connect is a not-for-profit social enterprise delivered by Community Resources. It engages with young people and former refugees and creates jobs that help the planet and the community. Recently it achieved a grant to deliver a three-year youth employment support program – Strive for Success – and is looking for an enthusiastic Jobs Coach (x2) to engage with young people aged between 15 and 24 years and support them to identify and achieve their training and employment dreams and goals.
Part-time – 28.5 hrs per week, based in the Illawarra region. You will be providing one-on-one client service and case management support to participants in our new Strive for Success program. Applying a strengths-based approach to match participants to employment and training opportunities, involves:
What you will be doing
- Building capacity of participants so they have the tools required to improve their lives
- Building on the ideas, goals, talents and strengths of participants
- Seeking ongoing understanding of employment barriers and support needs
- Working in collaboration with businesses and community members and services to provide support, community connections and opportunities
- Developing relationships with participants and community that involves two-way learning
- Actively marketing clients to potential employers and establishing relationships with local employers, education providers and community services.
- Experience working with young people and/or relevant experience in employment or education sectors
- Certificate IV in Community Services, or ability to gain
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide range of people, including clients, team members, employers, educational facilities and community stakeholders
- Ability to empathise with diverse situations and barriers to education and employment
- Good knowledge of local labour markets and ability to communicate and network with businesses and community services
- Well developed IT skills including record keeping tools
- Capacity to effectively manage time frames, caseloads and client needs
- Commitment to safe work practices (WHS)
- Able to positively represent the service and its projects and aims
- Ability to operate in a way that is authentic, fair, brave and sustainable
- Willing to undertake NSW Working with Children and National Criminal History Checks
- Current Drivers Licence
- Experience in a youth or community services environment
- Experience in caseload management with people experiencing disadvantage
- Previous experience in the employment industry including use of IT systems
We are an organisation that acknowledges systemic disadvantage and discrimination exist, and one that values diverse experience. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with different abilities, and people re-entering the workforce.
For more information and how to apply
To apply, send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter, making sure that you address how you meet the skills, knowledge and experience required and why you’d like to join our team.
Applications close 3 September 2023.
For more information on the role and or a detailed Position Description, please email Krysten Banks at [email protected]
Find out more about us by visiting www.communityresources.org.au and/or https://green-connect.com.au