- SCHADS Award Level 7 $124,600 TRP (including salary $110,908)
- Rewarding leadership position based in Darwin
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,900 p/a)
- Relocation Assistance offered
Are you an experienced leader wanting to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
CatholicCare NT is a not-for-profit organisation, providing social services and programs to individuals, couples, families, children, groups, schools, and agencies across the Northern Territory. The Counselling team offers Individual and school-based counselling, and group work activities.
About the Opportunity
The Lead Practitioner is responsible for implementation, leadership, integration, clinical guidance, and support of staff to provide consistent Counselling services across programs. Program portfolios may be subject to change within the contract period. This position has a particular focus on building capacity to grow the service, through change management, planning for staff training and upskilling clinical capacity across the organisation.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant qualification in Counselling, Social Work or Psychology and minimum five years’ experience in relevant practice and team leadership
- Membership or eligibility to join a governing body such as PACFA, AASW, or ACA and ACCSA, APA
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including report writing and case note writing and supervision, and the ability to communicate effectively with managers, staff, and stakeholders across a range of diverse cultural groups and settings.
- Experience in providing supervision to multi-disciplinary staff.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.
Darwin is a vibrant coastal town with an easy commute, lively and diverse culture and situated right next door to world heritage listed Kakadu National Park. Full of contrasting landscapes and diverse habitats, the rugged cliffs of Arnhem Land escarpment hide deep sandstone gorges and pockets of monsoon rainforests, with innumerate waterfalls cascading into pools lined with pandanus and gum trees.
In this role you will have the privilege of working closely with multicultural families and communities It will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in an amazing part of the world. This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services, and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to your employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.