- SCHADS Award Level 6 – $115,206 trp (including salary $102,546)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,900 p/a)
- Full time position based in Tennant Creek
- Relocation assistance offered
- Remote area allowance
- Local Tennant Creek residents encouraged to apply
Are you looking to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
About the Program
CatholicCare NT is a not-for-profit organisation, providing social services and programs to individuals, couples, families, children, groups, schools and agencies across the Northern Territory.
Social and Emotional Wellbeing programs in Tennant Creek includes Youth Enhanced Support (YES) and community-led Suicide Prevention (TATS). Both programs work in partnership with community members to improve social and emotional wellbeing.
About the role
The Lead Practitioner is responsible for the implementation, leadership and integration of YES and TATS programs. This position has a particular focus on leading, supervising and mentoring program staff as well as applying professional knowledge and support.
What we are looking for
- Degree in Allied health, public health, counselling or community development
- Minimum five years’ experience in relevant practice and team leadership.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills encompassing report writing, case note writing and supervision and the ability to communicate effectively with managers, staff and stakeholders across a range of diverse cultural groups and settings.
- Experience in providing supervision to multi-disciplinary staff.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 17 August 2023
Interviews week of: 21 August 2023
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.
Tennant Creek is located between Alice Springs and Katherine situated in the Barkly Tableland, which has seen the rise of many Australian premier cattle stations. The traditional owners are the Warumungu people. Tennant Creek is situated near the popular tourist destination the Devils Marbles and hosts the Desert Harmony Festival each year.
In this role, you will have the privilege of working closely with aboriginal families and the experience of immersing yourself in an amazing part of the world.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.