Our vision is for community where good health is available for everyone. We work with others to create and deliver the best possible health and community care system for the people of our region. We strive towards this by listening to the community, reorienting the health system toward care being closer to home and building capacity of providers and partners to meet health needs. We are passionate about living our values each day: collaboration, integrity, diversity, courage, and impact.
Duties and responsibilities (for full details see Position Description)
- Lead and contribute to regional planning and relevant regional partnership groups with a focus on people with severe mental illness, crisis support and carers/families.
- Lead the transition of existing integrated mental health hubs and safe spaces to Head to Health adult mental health centres
- Provide day-to-day co-ordination and support to the Coordinator | Centre Based Adult Services
- Operate strategically with stakeholders to ensure these initiatives are integrated, meet high priority needs and result in better outcomes for the community.
This is an 11 month maternity leave cover.
Base salary $98Kpa + 11% super + salary packaging (total remuneration package up to $115,180) + 17.5% leave loading.
To view the full Position Description, please paste the following into your browser: https://d1jydvs1x4rbvt.cloudfront.net/downloads/Position-descriptions/PD_Lead_Severe-and-Complex-Mental-Illness_04Sep23.pdf
About you (for full details see Position Description)
- Tertiary qualifications in a health-related field and significant experience in mental health, including knowledge of local, state, and national policies and directions for mental health services
- Demonstrated knowledge of the mental health service sector within the region including the ability to identify gaps, prioritise needs and commission/co-commission supports and services
- Experience in working collaboratively with individuals and groups including people with a lived experience, local health services, and representatives from priority groups.
- Project management experience in a health or wellbeing-related project/program
- Well-developed data analytical and problem-solving skills
- A current driver’s licence is desirable and use of a personal vehicle may be required, including travel between workplaces