- Attractive remuneration of circa $90,000 – $115,000 + super (dependent on experience and qualifications) PLUS up to $15,000 yearly fringe benefits tax benefits!
- Relocation assistance negotiable for the right candidates
Who We Are
Oscar Romero Flexi Schools Network are part of Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA) Flexible Schools Ltd. The Flexible Schools offer a full-time and multiyear secondary education program for young people who have disengaged from mainstream schooling.
We value and cultivate a supportive and inclusive community where individuals feel respected, valued, and heard. Together, our staff create a nurturing space where everyone’s unique perspectives and contributions are embraced. Fundamental to our operation is creating a “Common Ground” based on our principles of Respect, Participation, Honesty, and Safe & Legal. Staff and young people come together on this ‘common ground’ where everyone has a voice in making decisions and establishing working agreements to foster a positive environment where young people can achieve positive educational and wellbeing outcomes.
We are looking for a qualified person to join our team and fulfil the newly created position of Leader of Wellbeing and Practice. This is a middle management position and will see you responsible for, but not limited to:
- In collaboration with leadership, develop and implement wellbeing programs for young people;
- Participate in, and lead program provision to enhance our Flexi practices in an inclusive learning environment;
- Manage and support staff in the induction of young people to our Flexi learning model;
- Develop supportive relationships and partnerships with families and the wider Flexi community;
- In collaboration with leadership, develop and lead a culture of professional support and renewal for youth workers;
- In collaboration with leadership, coordinate/support staff in professional learning and formation aligned to the school’s Strategic Plan, Flexi practice and EREAFS Strategic directions;
- Ensure child safeguarding principles and procedures are established and implemented according to our EREA Child Safeguarding Policy and Standards; and
- In collaboration with leadership, develop and oversee processes for effective administration of the school.
For a full position description, please click Apply Now.
This role requires a dedicated, compassionate professional who has experience working with disenfranchised young people. The role will vary day-to-day to reflect the diverse needs of the young people we support. Our school has a strong focus on personalised and individual learning for each young person and promotes a caring and supportive environment for all.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be tertiary qualified in Education, Social Work or related Health Science
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in the youth work/education/social services/health profession areas
- Hold a positive Australian Working with Children Check and current unrestricted Driver’s License
The following are not essential requirements but will be viewed favourably:
- Post-graduate qualification in mental health
- An understanding of and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural imperatives
- Experience working with remote and/or disenfranchised communities
About the Benefits
You will receive an attractive salary of up to $115,000 plus super, commensurate with experience, and a host of great benefits.
- Relocation assistance negotiable
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
Our staff love being able to make a genuine difference, but don’t take our word for it – here’s what they say:
“Love the ability to make connections with young people. Totally different to mainstream, I’m not just a teacher, I’m more a mentor”
“Flexibility and opportunity to bring skills that I have and work with young people that need our support”
Applications will be processed as they are received and interviews held accordingly.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. EREAFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexible Schools Ltd is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people. All applicants will be subject to EREAFS and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with the organisation’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures.