- Are you passionate about training and developing others?
- Do you enjoy collaborating to improve the outcomes of children and young people?
- Are you curious with a mindset of continuous improvement?
We are looking for two new team members to join our team. One is based in Sydney (Parramatta) and the other is in either Dubbo or Murrumbidgee.
In this position, you will partner with our (Sydney or Murrumbidgee/Dubbo) teams to support the development of our teams and ensure we are focusing on continuous improvement and compliance.
This is an exciting role as it provides the opportunity to make a real difference in the outcomes of children and young people in out-of-home care.
Every day will be different! From completing a file review and providing feedback to a Team Leader (both positive and improvement focussed), to facilitating training around one of the Out of Home Care standards at a team meeting. You could also work on a project to address a gap in our compliance OR draft a policy OR create a new form that improves our practice. The opportunities are endless! And then the next week could be spent rolling out 3 days of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training to potential new recruits in your region!
Other areas of focus include supporting the implementation of different systems and practices, including the rollout of the Children and Residential Experiences (CARE) model and implementation of our new client management system, by providing training to team members and identifying areas of improvement (full training provided for the successful applicant).
The best thing about this opportunity is you don’t need formal training quals. You will need to be comfortable and confident to facilitate group sessions, be able to deliver feedback in a kind and constructive way as well as genuinely want to partner with our Ops teams to support them to improve outcomes through improved practice.
Experience in Out of Home Care is essential as we work closely with the regulations and the standards so you will need to have an awareness of these and at times be able to deep dive into legislation and convert this understanding into sound policy and practice recommendations.
Sounding perfect? Here is our ideal wish list for you:
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Trainer certificate (preferred)
- Able to demonstrate your training facilitation and development skills.
- Experience working in OOHC, with a demonstrated understanding of best practices and passion for practice improvement in relation to child protection in the community services industry.
- Current paid NSW Working with Children Check.
- Clear and Current National Criminal History Check.
- An Australian Driver’s License.
- Willing to travel as needed.
In return we offer:
- Work in a supportive and committed team, who likes to work hard and have fun.
- Receive a monthly RDO.
- Be provided with supervision, ongoing support, and opportunities for professional development.
- Have the opportunity to work flexible work arrangements, including hours and remote locations.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply via this advertisement with a resume and a summary outlining your skills and experience relevant to the role.
If you would like more information about this role, in the first instance please contact GM Practice and Quality, Bec at [email protected]. Alternatively, as I work part time please contact Practice Manager Dee at [email protected].
All conversations are confidential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; we welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements for the position.