- Permanent Full-Time
- Starting as soon as practicable
The College is currently seeking to appoint a Learning Enrichment Teacher to provide support for our students and teachers across K-12 as we grow young people of faith, character and purpose. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at the interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- Completion of formal tertiary education relevant to Learning Support and/or experience working with students with additional needs will be highly desired.
- a strong understanding of and commitment to Christian education and the Christian development of students
- an appreciation of the value of building students’ learning capacity;
- Thorough knowledge of the Disability Standards for Education;
- Ability to form positive, professional relationships with students of any age across Kindergarten to Year 12;
- Ability to collaborate with staff teams, families and allied health professionals to meet the needs of students;
- the capacity to adjustments to teaching programs, assessment and reporting and model inclusive teaching practices
- experience in the use of data to identify learning needs and deliver academic improvement;
- An innovative, flexible and enthusiastic nature.
Applications close on Thursday, 27 August 2023
Early applications are appreciated to assist the interview process. Please note that applications will be considered as they are received, and an appointment may be made prior to the application close date
About our College
Norwest Christian College is a flourishing independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the thriving north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives through loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused upon stretching powerful learners, the service of others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and actively pursue opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector, and other organisations to grow and share influence. We seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
To see more about our College visit www.norwest.nsw.edu.au
If you are viewing this advertisement on a website other than the NWCC website, to apply, please visit http://careers.norwest.nsw.edu.au/ and follow the prompts to the job advertisement. At the bottom of the advertisement there is a link called Apply, this will take you through an online application process.
Working with Children Check
Under the Child Protection [Working With Children] Act 2012 [NSW] and the Child Protection [Working with Children]Regulation 2013 [NSW] the College can only employ persons (who will be engaged in child-related work) who hold averified WWCC clearance from the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian.
The College requires that all employees hold this clearance.
All employment applications must include a copy of the applicants WWCC clearance letter.
How to apply for a WWCC Clearance:
- Complete an online application form available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- When submitted online, the applicant will receive an application number
- Take this number together with proof of identity to a Service NSW
- Pay the $80 (tax deductible) charge for a five year clearance.