Position Classification: Social Worker Level 3
Remuneration: $53.00 – $54.77 per hour
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ411173
Where you’ll be working
Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) is responsible for providing primary and secondary health care for people living in the Auburn, Blacktown, and The Hills Shire, Holroyd and Parramatta Local Government Areas (LGAs) and tertiary care to residents of the Greater Western Region. We are committed to our vision of ‘better health services for the people of western Sydney and beyond’ and to the delivery of health care or related services in line with our core values of collaboration, openness, respect and empowerment.
What you’ll be doing
The Level 3 Social Work clinician is responsible for the provision of a comprehensive social work service to patients, their families and carers within the Emergency Department of Westmead Hospital .
The Level 3 Social Work Senior Clinician is able to demonstrate advanced reasoning skills on circumstances of a complex nature requiring advanced practice skills, operates autonomously with minimal direct clinical supervision and has a consultative role within their area of specialty.
They are involved with planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting on clinical services and are involved in the development and implementation of WSLHD protocols, quality improvement initiatives, policies and procedures.
People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, WSLHD will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health organisations. For more information, please visit https://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/ Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Westmead hospital car parking allocation model is changing. There is a waitlist for parking for new staff commencing at Westmead Hospital. This does not apply for staff with disability.
Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa or a period not shorter than the duration of the advertised position.
Qualification: Degree in Social Work with eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW).
- Demonstrated clinical experience in crisis intervention including trauma, counselling, case management for patients/families with illness adjustment, domestic violence, child protection, end of life care and bereavement support.
- Demonstrated experience in staff and student supervision.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures for service improvement and skills in providing training and education.
- Well-developed time management skills with excellent written and verbal communication, including report writing skills and high level computer literacy.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation, decision making and advocacy skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, throughout all organisational levels
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, lead, complete and implement quality improvement initiatives and service evaluation processes and lead ongoing quality improvement activities with other staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues associated with working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse client group.
- Participation in the After Hours Crisis On-Call Social Work Service.
Applications Close: 10th of September 2023