The Qspace program is coming to the Mallee in partnership with Anglicare Victoria and Drummond Street Services.
The LGBTIQA+ Family Practitioner will deliver responsive, intentional and evidence-based prevention, early intervention programs to the LGBTIQA+ community across the Mallee region
Anglicare Victoria is looking for a passionate LGBTIQA+ Family Practitioner to join us to help improve the lives of LGBTIQA+ people, families, and communities in the Mallee region through:
- Specialist individual & family counselling services for the LGBTQIA+ community and their families of origin or families of choice
- Creating awareness, advising and educating staff to improve AV’s service delivery to the LGBTIQA+ community
- Community development – building awareness across the
- Strengthening community connections through capacity building activities
To be considered for this position you will need to possess:
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of LGBTIQA+ specialist and mainstream supportive approaches for families, children and young people
- Have lived experience or someone who has a genuine understanding, interest and commitment to working with the LGBTIQA+ community.
- Tertiary degree in social work, psychology, counselling or psychotherapy
For full position and selection criteria please refer to the position description: Mallee – LGBTIQA+ Family Practitioner May 2023 (4).docx
- Up to $5,000 relocation allowance (conditions apply)
- Part time – 3 days per week
- SCHADS 6 – $51.90 per hour
- A range of employee benefits available, including discounted health insurance
- $15,9000 in salary packaging benefits plus an entertainment card
- Focus on individual professional development opportunities
- Mildura based
Anglicare Victoria is a Rainbow Tick organisation and we strive to be an inclusive, safe and responsive organisation which promotes diversity and actively supports inclusion for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from LGBTIQA+ communities, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people of all ages and genders, people with caring responsibilities and people with diverse religious beliefs or affiliations.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.