At Anglican Care we believe in enhancing the lives of ageing people. As a Lifestyle and Wellbeing Officer, you will have the opportunity to do this every day. This role offers the flexibility to work between 9am & 4pm weekdays or weekends at our Bishop Tyrrell Place facility in Cundletown.
Why Work for us?
Our teams are the heart of what we do here at Newcastle Anglican. As a part of the team, you have access to the following great benefits:
- Flexible working options
- Salary packaging options (up to $611/fortnight)
- Career and development opportunities
- Access to Fitness Passport
- Free access to our corporate Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave (after 12 months of service)
- 40% off school enrollment fees at Anglican schools
Role & Responsibilities:
- Plan, conduct and evaluate a varied Lifestyle and Wellbeing programs to cater for the individual needs of consumers in accordance with the Aged Care Standards and policies and procedures of Anglican Care.
- Liaise with the Lifestyle & Wellbeing Team Leader/ Lifestyle & Wellbeing Coordinator and Lifestyle Wellbeing and Diversity Manager to assess and evaluate Resident needs and program goals.
- Provide a varied lifestyle and wellbeing program that helps to maintain and promote the physical, mental, social, spiritual, creative and psychological wellbeing of consumers
- Provide opportunities for consumers to participate in activities, which promote personal fulfilment and enhance their decision-making skills.
- Supporting consumers participating in Anglican Care’s Directed Actions Response Team (DART)- Non Pharmacological interventions for residents suffering from Dementia or Dementia related illness.
- To be an effective member of the care team
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health or currently enrolled
- Proven ability to deliver person centre care that respects the dignity and worth of the individual.
- Able to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Willingness to complete National Police Check (Newcastle Anglican will consider the relevance of any reported outcomes)
- Hold NDISWC or willing to obtain
Who we are?
The Anglican Diocese of Newcastle (Newcastle Anglican) is the overarching body for some well-known Hunter and Central Coast organisations – Anglican Care, Samaritans, Newcastle Anglican Schools Corporation and Anglican parishes working primarily in the Hunter and Central Coast regions of New South Wales.
For more information visit www.newcastleanglican.org.au or email [email protected]
What are you waiting for? Apply now!