At Anglican Care we believe in enhancing the lives of ageing people. As a Lifestyle and Wellbeing Officer, you will have the opportunity to do this every day. This role offers an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic individual looking to make every moment matter by living our values and bringing respect, compassion, integrity and enhancing the wellbeing of our residents and consumers.
This is a casual role working across Newcastle & Lake Macquarie facilities.
Why Work for us?
Our teams are the heart of what we do here at Newcastle Anglican. As a part of the team, you have access to the following great benefits:
- Salary Package a range of everyday living expenses (Mortgage, Rent and Bills), up to $611/fortnight.
- Up to 40% on school enrolment fees at any of our Newcastle Anglican schools
- Career and development opportunities
- Access to Fitness Passport (over 300+gyms)
- Free access to our corporate Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working options (including compressed week, RDO’s & 9-day fortnights)
- 14 weeks paid maternity leave or 3 weeks paid parental pay
Role & Responsibilities:
- Plan, conduct and evaluate a varied Lifestyle and Wellbeing programs to cater for the individual needs of consumers in accordance with the Aged Care Standards and policies and procedures of Anglican Care.
- Liaise with the Lifestyle & Wellbeing Team Leader/ Lifestyle & Wellbeing Coordinator and Lifestyle Wellbeing and Diversity Manager to assess and evaluate Resident needs and program goals.
- Provide a varied lifestyle and wellbeing program that helps to maintain and promote the physical, mental, social, spiritual, creative and psychological wellbeing of consumers
- Provide opportunities for consumers to participate in activities, which promote personal fulfilment and enhance their decision-making skills.
- Supporting consumers participating in Anglican Care’s Directed Actions Response Team (DART)- Non Pharmacological interventions for residents suffering from Dementia or Dementia related illness.
- To be an effective member of the care team
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health or working towards
- Proven ability to deliver person centre care that respects the dignity and worth of the individual.
- Able to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
Who we are?
The Anglican Diocese of Newcastle (Newcastle Anglican) is the overarching body for some well-known Hunter and Central Coast organisations – Anglican Care, Samaritans, Newcastle Anglican Schools Corporation and Anglican parishes working primarily in the Hunter and Central Coast regions of New South Wales.
For more information visit www.newcastleanglican.org.au or email [email protected]
What are you waiting for? Apply now!