Sign on bonus of $1,000 (conditions apply)
We have a long history of providing exceptional care that empowers older people to live life to the full. Our Care and Engagement Model ensures all our programs and activities are resident-focused and resident-driven, from special interest groups, virtual quizzes, animal-assisted therapy, and intergenerational activities to technology base- programs, social groups and creative pursuits.
Why is SCC (NSW & ACT) a leader in Engagement and Purposeful Living?
- Diversional Therapy Advisors provide mentoring and support to each of our homes, and this is supported by the Engagement & Purposeful Living Manager.
- Access to quality resources and innovative programs such as Tovertafel, Moove & Groove and Virtual Reality programs.
- Regular professional development opportunities through an internal education series.
- Opportunities to networking with other SCC (NSW & ACT) Leisure and Lifestyle team members.
- We are passionate about making a difference in the industry.
Southern Cross Care NSW & ACT benefits:
- Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- Flexible working environment.
- Ongoing learning and development – plus online learning in topics of your choice.
- Friendly inclusive culture with strong leadership and support.
- Recognition and appreciation program.
- An organisational commitment to continuous improvement – share your ideas and we will listen.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Lifestyle Officer to join the team at Southern Cross Care Tweed Heads. This is for full time and part-time opportunities with flexible hours.
This position will support the delivery of meaningful leisure and lifestyle programs to our residents and enable them to live their life to the full.
Major focus of the Lifestyle Officer is to:
- Work as part of a team to deliver high quality engagement and purposeful living programs and opportunities and meet accreditation requirements.
- Undertake resident assessments and complete associated documentation.
- Actively facilitate engaging, innovative, and meaningful leisure and lifestyle programs according to clients’ social, emotional, cultural, spiritual, physical and cognitive needs and abilities. This includes the provision of one-to-one activities, group activities, outings/bus trips and special events.
- Assist residents to achieve maximum independence, maintain friendships and participate in the community through planned group and individual leisure-based activities.
- Evaluate programs on a regular basis to ensure they are meeting the needs of the residents, including suggestions on any improvements.