“We support individuals living with mental health challenges to achieve outcomes they value.”
About the Role
- Part Time (0.8 FTE) Permanent Position
- Classification: Consumer Service Delivery Level 3 with a salary range of $82,123- $88,367 per annum pro rata + Superannuation
- Salary Packaging arrangements providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses increasing your take home income where part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, savings thousands in tax each year
- Location: Heidelberg, VIC with the ability to work remote
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
We have been providing mental health support for over 30 years. We were founded on an alliance between professionals, individuals and their families. Collaborative recovery remains at the heart of who we are today
About your new role
Lived Experience Practitioners (LEP) will safely and purposefully use their own story to help others further their own understanding of suicide and their role in its prevention. The LEP will safely share their lived experience of the impacts of suicide in a range of settings including suicide prevention training, targeted social media campaigns to address the stigma surrounding suicide and promote positive, evidence-based help-seeking behaviour. Lived Experience Practitioners (LEP) will also consult with various communities including local government, CALD and a range of ‘at risk’ groups to better understand community needs and capacity for recognising and responding to suicide risk.
The Lived Experience Practitioner will make use of their lived experience to review Community and workforce development training materials to ensure this important narrative informs activities. The Lived Experience Practitioner, may engage in service provision in the form groups using their lived experience to provide service navigation and referral support
What will Neami offer in return?
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave, Gratis Leave and Wellness leave
- Professional development through regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Ongoing extensive in-house Learning and Development Programs to encourage learning and skill-building
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Benestar – access a holistic health and wellness offering of supports and resources to Neami staff and their immediate family
- Work flexibility arrangements available for maintaining your work-life balance
What you will bring to the role?
- Lived experience of the impacts of suicide and demonstrated experience of recovery.
- Ability to plan, use and continually review self-disclosure in a purposeful, meaningful and safe way for consumers, community and self.
- Experience in developing and facilitating group activities to meet the needs of participants and communities in relation to understanding suicide and prevention including self-care management practices
- Experience consulting and working collaboratively with communities and other stakeholders and service providers
What the role requires:
- National Criminal History Check (Police check) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Current Working with Children Check required before commencement of work
- Current Drivers licence
- Australian Working Rights
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Edward Marrinan, Service Manager LifeConnect – [email protected]
Applications Close: Sunday 1 October 2023
Be Yourself – Neami values and celebrates diversity including multidisciplinary teams and the unique backgrounds, experiences, and contributions that each person brings to our community. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that is accessible, inclusive and reflects the community in which we live.