This role is being offered as a permanent full time opportunity.
The service operates 7 days per week across two shifts: 9.00am – 5.30pm and 1.30pm – 10.00pm.
This role would work a variety of shifts, including occasional weekends.
The Lived Experience Lead will manage and support a team of Peer Support Workers (6-8 employees) in many aspects of service delivery including intake interviews, service promotion, partnership work and case reviews. To be successful in this role, you must have lived experience of your own mental health and a strong understanding of the recovery process.
- Lead a team of Peer Support Workers
- Support the induction and orientation of new staff members
- Provide emotional support to consumers through the sharing of your own lived experience
- Draw upon your understanding in strength based and recovery orientated models of service
- Develop and maintain strong working partnerships with local community services
- Assist in the development of community engagement activities that promote good mental health
- Lived experience of mental illness or caring for someone living with a mental illness, as well as demonstrated experience of recovery.
- Experience of the public or private mental health system
- Proven experience at managing teams within the area of community service delivery or providing supervision
- Tertiary qualification in Mental Health, Community Services or similar
- NSW licence