- Utilise lived experience to lead strategies to connect, resource and empower Mind’s Lived Experience Workforce
- Fixed term 9 month role | Full time | Burnley office location
- Hybrid Work
Mind strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, people with a lived and living experience of mental ill health and recovery, and applicants from all cultures, genders, sexualities, bodies, abilities, spiritualities, ages and backgrounds.
Mind Australia is one of the country’s leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers with a range of residential, mobile outreach, centre based and online services. We have been supporting people living with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for over 40 years.
We provide practical and motivational support that helps people to develop the skills they need to move on, thrive and improve the quality of their lives. It’s an approach to mental health and wellbeing that looks at the whole person in the context of their daily life. Mind is committed to diversity and social inclusion.
About the role
The Lived Experience Workforce Partner will work from a lived experience perspective to empower a connected, consistent and understood Lived Experience Workforce within the organisation. You will work within a business partnering model to oversee recruitment and retention, while supporting Mind’s workforce and hiring managers to understand, develop, support, and enable designated lived experience roles to thrive.
The Lived Experience Workforce Partner will facilitate development activities in accordance with the Lived Experience Strategy, Peer Work Framework, Model of Peer Work and specifically the Lived Experience Workforce Project.
- Use lived and living experience of mental ill health and recovery and/or caring to implement programs and deliver strategies.
- Draw on lived expertise approaches informed by a commitment to social change and human rights to shape the delivery of lived experience workforce development strategies.
- Advocate and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to support the organisational understanding of the Lived Experience workforce.
- Support the design, development and implementation of processes to ensure the Lived Experience Workforce thrives.
- Provide informed strategic advice regarding policies and procedures, legislation, workforce planning, Lived Experience practice, sustainability, and innovation.
What you’ll bring
- Tertiary qualifications preferred, in Mental Health, Peer Work, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Community Services, Health Policy or other health related field as designated by Mind and/or equivalent experience in a similar industry.
- Completion of Intentional Peer Support Core and/or advanced training will be considered an alternative to tertiary qualifications.
- Demonstrated understanding of lived experience approaches including peer work, co-design, and workforce development.
- Passion to drive and champion change and progress the lived experience agenda throughout the organisation.
- Ability to build strong relationships with lived experience colleagues, community groups and key stakeholders.
What we Offer
- Salary packaging up to $15,899 p.a. allows you to allocate a portion of your pre-tax income to cover living expenses (e.g. rent, mortgage, child care, car leasing expenses etc.).
- Option to access Meal and Entertainment allowance up to $2,650 p.a. via Salary Packaging.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), provided by Converge International, for you and your immediate family members.
- Flexible work arrangements are available for maintaining your work-life balance.
- Professional development through regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor.
To obtain a position description and apply online visit Mind Careers – reference number 494041. Online applications must be submitted by 11pm Thursday 28 September 2023. Please contact the person below for more information.
Daisy Gleeson – Lived Experience Workforce Manager
Email: [email protected]
The successful applicant is required to complete comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check, NDIS Workers Screening Check and the ability to obtain vaccinations against COVID-19.