Position Classification: Health Clinician Level 1 (Social Worker, Counsellor, Welfare Officer (Level 1/2) or Psychologist)
Hours Per Week: 20
Requisition ID: REQ414354
Are you committed to achieving excellence in health care and would like to join our team?
Sydney Local Health District is one of the fastest growing Local Health Districts in New South Wales. Our facilities and services are world class and our staff are dedicated, innovative and caring.
Where you will be based
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, is a major metropolitan tertiary referral hospital and a principal provider of specialist healthcare. It is one of the nation?s most respected hospitals, with a distinguished history of serving the health needs of local, statewide, national and international communities.
About the role
To provide counselling support and therapeutic interventions for people affected by substance use issues in an out-patient community setting.
We are looking for someone who has…
- Must hold a Bachelor or post graduate degree in Social Work that provides eligibility for full membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers OR Must hold tertiary qualifications in psychology and be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) in Psychology OR Must hold qualifications recognised for registration and hold registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency OR Must hold qualifications recognised for employment as a Counsellor or Welfare Officer.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and clinical experience in counselling and case management practice and the provision of services to clients seeking treatment for substance use and related issues.
What we can offer you (for eligible employees)…
- Opportunity for extra tax savings through Salary Packaging
- Novated Leasing
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Fitness Passport
- Great education opportunities through the Centre for Education and Workforce Development
For further details, please view the Position Description.
For enquiries, please contact Martin O’Donnell on 0425 330 877.
About working for SLHD
This is a Category A position. To be employed by NSW Health you are required to provide evidence of vaccination to comply with the NSW Health Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy (PD2022_030).
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). Additionally, Category A workers are required to receive a booster dose three months after completing the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations. New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate (IM011 immunisation medical exemption form) certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW. Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
SLHD is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all internal and externally advertised positions. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles within NSW Health. For more information, please visit: https://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/.
To further connect with us, check us out on LinkedIn.
Applications Close: 21 August 2023