Act for Kids is a prominent provider of prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2021 – 2022 we provided services to 39,002 people, including over 23,000 children.
Through prevention, treatment, research, education and advocacy, we are committed to helping keep kids safe, heal from trauma and lead happy lives.
Our culture in a nutshell:
- Strong values-based organisation: Professional, Ethical, Team, Caring, Courageous, Collaborative.
- Supportive working culture.
- Wellbeing and development focused employer of choice!
About the job…
We are seeking a Full Time Local Level Alliance Coordinator to join our caring and friendly team in Maryborough until 28 June 2024 with possibility for extension.
Extension of employment contract beyond this date is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
Join the Family and Child Connect service to engage with services throughout the Sunshine Coast and Gympie region to participate in a network of Local Level Alliances. Work to enhance collaborative planning and integrated and timely responses to vulnerable children, young people, and their families.
- Co-ordinate and co-chair Local Level Alliance/s when required.
- Build partnerships with existing networks to facilitate service delivery in the region.
- Develop Alliance functions to inform family support needs, barriers to support and systemic issues that impact on vulnerable children and families.
- Provide support to lead agencies to develop and progress single case plans for families with complex or multiple needs.
- A tertiary degree in a community development or human services related field and professional registration (if required).
- At least 3 years’ experience working within a community development sector with highly developed knowledge of child protection issues and the child protection sector in Queensland.
- An understanding of Community Development and Ecological Systems theories, collective impact and a demonstrated ability to build social capital within the community context.
- Experience and capacity to work collaboratively and foster and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders, partners and the community.
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to communicate and work effectively with people from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay…
- Position is classified Level 5 under the SCHADS award.
- Salary range is $93,860 – $98,112 per annum plus superannuation.
- As a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits…
- Paid parental leave, study and exam leave.
- Excellent professional development options including annual professional development fund opportunities.
- Work for an Employer of Choice: Winner 2019 + Categories: Health/Wellbeing; Leadership; Work-Life Balance.
- Strong values base: We are Professional, Ethical, Team, that is Caring, Courageous, and Collaborative.
- EAP including Health & Wellbeing Portal for you and your family.
- Eligibility for a positive Working with Children Check in the applicable state of employment in Australia or exemption based on professional qualifications and registration.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Australia and proof of eligibility will be requested.
- Fully vaccinated with the prescribed doses of an approved vaccine against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption.
- Job applications will be reviewed as soon as submitted. If you are interested in this opportunity please send your cover letter and CV as soon as possible.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit an application.
- For more information about the role, contact Britt Sherwell on 0419 794 417 or [email protected].
Closing Date: 31 August 2023