Manager DFV Services
Western Sydney location + Work from Home options!
Competitive sector remuneration package
Life at DVSM
Domestic Violence NSW Service Management (DVSM) is a registered charity which aims to prevent and to provide support for people escaping/experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness. Our vision is a world where women, families and communities live free from violence, have equal rights, opportunities, and the freedom to reach their potential.
A key part of working in this role is to demonstrate our values in day-to-day work. These values are:
- Person Centred – We listen and embrace diversity to support our clients to achieve their self-defined goals.
- Excellence – We exceed expectations with our professionalism and evidence-based products, programs and services.
- Respect – We remain open minded and nonjudgmental.
- Integrity – We are ethical, transparent and accountable.
The DFV Service is a Specialist Homelessness Service (SHS) who has the expertise to implement a range of best practice approaches to women and children experiencing domestic violence through service delivery within different environments, i.e. within a crisis refuge, transitional housing, rapid rehousing, or within the home of the client with the perpetrator removed.
Working as the Manager of DFV Services, this role leads, oversees and supports the DFV Service team to meet their contractual obligations and to deliver quality person centred/DFV/Trauma informed support to women and children who access the service.
DVSM is currently undergoing significant changes within the organisation. We are seeking someone who can easily adapt to change, be innovative, excited about being a leader in this sector and supporting a team through big developments.
You will lead and have an impact on our high performing team of DFV Practitioners and DFV Workers within this service!
- You will lead and have an impact on our high performing team of DFV Practitioners and DFV Workers within this service!
- You will provide professional Supervision, support, management and career development of DFV staff including Senior Practitioners, Practitioners and DFV Workers.
- You will have operational management of a range of safe houses for women and children.
- You will engage the sector to increase safety for women and children.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work/Psychology/Counselling.
- Post Graduate Training in Clinical Supervision and/or Leadership would be desirable.
- 5 plus years’ experience leading teams in direct clinical and/or therapeutic and/or case management in the DFV Sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DVF service delivery and the gendered basis of DFV.
- Demonstrated experience in working with families where there has been DFV experiences.
- Experience in Stakeholder engagement and contract management.
- Unrestricted NSW Driver Licence.
What DVSM will provide for you
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via Access Pay).
- Additional week of leave after one year of service.
- Rewarding Work – Work for an organisation who is committed to supporting families who have experienced DFV achieve their best outcome.
- Work for a dedicated children’s service in the DFV sector with a dedicated team and leadership team to seeing the children’s services grow.
- Flexible work environment.
- Access to Learning and development and professional supervision.
As we are an organisation that supports and services for women and children, to be female is a genuine requirement for the position under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website www.dvnswsm.org.au