Employee Assistance Service Australia (EASA) was established in Darwin in June 1982 and provides consulting, mediation, training and counselling services to individuals and organisations in the Northern Territory.
EASA works to establish and maintain a client relationship of continuous feedback and improvement, so that service is responsive to client needs, identified during the course of counselling and consultancy.
The services provided by EASA are complementary to one another and enable us to draw on an extensive range of experience in order to assist our clients to achieve their goals. EASA provides both Psychological Services and Organisational Consultancy.
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Psychometric Testing and Assessment
- Psychological Reports
- Career Planning
- Outplacement Services
- Critical Incident Stress Management Services
- Alcohol & Other Drug Services
Organisational Consultancy Services
- Training – Accredited and Non-accredited
- Human Resource Consulting
This contract position description is intended to describe the role, its broad objectives and how it fits within EASA as well as being a list of duties This position requires an individual whose demonstrated style is in line with recognised best practice with a focus on continuous improvement.
The mediator/conflict management consultant works to contribute to the provision of high-quality mediation and conflict management services to the EASA client group located in Darwin and across the NT. A small number of sessional mediators supports the service.
- To provide a range of conflict management services including:
- Conducting mediation from two party to small groups processes
- Conducting conflict assessments to identify what conflict management services may assist to resolve the presenting situation
- Conduct large group conflict management processes which may include mediation, group facilitation, referrals to counselling, coaching, training and recommendations relating to organisational processes and practices
- Promoting EASA services including conflict management services
- Travel throughout NT as required
- Undertake special requests and other assignments as required
Performance of the above duties in accordance with EASA policies and procedures
- Mediation training preferably with LEADR (or similar)
- Experience in delivery of mediation and conflict management services, to the extent that National Accreditation could be obtained
- Experience in group facilitation
- Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to be flexible, work independently and as an integral member of a small team.
- Current NT drivers’ licence, or ability to obtain
- Sound administrative skills
- Cert. IV in Assessment & Workplace Training or the ability to obtain the qualification
- Experience in training delivery
- Some specific experience in conducting workplace mediation
- Training and experience in provision of coaching services
- Working knowledge and application of Microsoft Software (Power Point, Word, Excel, Access)
This is a contract sessional position.
Please provide the names and contact information of two (2) referees who could provide comments on your experience and work performance.