Family Violence Support Workers
- Make a real difference to the local community
- Generous Annual Leave
- Salary Packaging Options
We currently have x 1 Part Time Medical Director position available in our Health Services Team. Reporting to the Executive Director Health, this position is responsible for providing professional Oversight, Leadership, Direction and Clinical Governance of all health-related activities at Wathaurong. (Which includes Health services, Mental health, AOD and Specialist Family Services). The objective is to drive improvement in health and wellbeing of the community by improving quality of the service and improving clinical outcome in a sustainable manner.
The successful candidate will have:
- • Knowledge of safe and appropriate culturally centred practices for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander focused services, including employment of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated understanding of social, physical, economical, and cultural strengths and challenges affecting Aboriginal communities and their ability to access adequate and quality services.
- Understanding of the purpose and expectations of the Victorian Child Safe Standards and demonstrated commitment to contributing to a child safe organisation in both practice and culture.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Good computer and electronic record skills.
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills.
- Ten or more years’ experience in clinical medicine.
- Five or more years’ experience in hospital administration.
- A Medical degree and board certification in family medicine, emergency care, or occupational health.
- Must hold and maintain registration as a Qualified General Practitioner of medicine throughout the period of employment.
- AHPRA and MBS billing registration and appropriate professional memberships
- Experience with Best Practice software (preferred)
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations
*A police check, Working with Children Check, Vaccination Certificate and current Driver License are required for all positions.
Please visit our website for further information: www.wathaurong.org.au
How to Apply
A Position Description can be viewed on our website at: http://www.wathaurong.org.au/careers-with-us/
Applications and enquiries should be sent via SEEK or emailed to [email protected]
Applications close on Friday 15 September 2023.