Medical Specialist – Adulut Acute Unit
76 hours per fortnight
Up to $20,000 incentive payments may be available to support relocation
(Be reimbursed for rent, childcare, school fees, relocation costs and more). The Victorian Government has allocated funds to support rural and regional Area Mental Health Services (AMHS) to provide incentives to attract workers to roles that are difficult to fill.
The new workforce relocation and incentive grants program is being administered by Rural Agency Workforce Victoria (RWAV).
More information including job vacancies and eligibility requirements click here https://www.rwav.com.au/area-mental-health-services/
About Grampians Health
Grampians Health was established 1 November 2021, bringing together Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, Wimmera Health Care Group and Ballarat Health Services to deliver safe, sustainable, healthcare tailored to changing workforce and community needs, for the long term.
This partnership follows years of strong collaboration and close partnerships between the four health services. Together, we will deliver better healthcare, enhance services and advance careers, closer to home, now and into the future.
A career with Grampians Health means you are connected and are part of a team providing quality healthcare to rural and regional communities. Our communities are diverse, as is our workforce, with expert clinical staff from across the world choosing to live and work in our beautiful region.
Grampians Health provides acute, maternity, mental health, allied health, aged care, administration and support services. This means your career will be as diverse and rewarding as you strive to be.
About the role
Are you passionate about making a difference in the field of mental health? Do you have the expertise to lead, innovate, and drive excellence in adult acute inpatient mental health services? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Consultant Psychiatrist (CP)!
At Ballarat Mental Health, we are committed to providing exceptional mental health care that aligns with the latest industry standards and guidelines. As a CP, you will play a pivotal role in our dynamic and dedicated team, working alongside the Director of Clinical Services and the local inpatient Nurse Unit Manager within a collaborative governance framewor
- Monitor, evaluate and enhance team functioning to ensure the highest quality of clinical service delivery and patient care.
- Embed Recovery-based principles into daily clinical practice, consistent with industry standards and guidelines.
- Adhere to and comply with relevant legislation, such as the Mental Health Act (2014).
- Provide clinical supervision to trainees/junior medical officers and fellow Consultant Psychiatrists working on the inpatient units.
- Collaborate on standing committees, develop and improve services, implement new care models and contribute to clinical guidelines.
- Monitor and improve service quality while ensuring efficient resource utilization.
- Be a voice for our teams, highlighting morale, information technology needs and other essential requirements to align with Ballarat Mental Health’s strategic directions.
Skills and experience
State exactly what you need so candidates can tell if this role is for them. Make sure you include essentials like licenses, certificates or degrees. Include 4-5 bullet points but not a long list. Avoid stating experience in years and discriminating terms.
- Medical qualification
- Current Australian medical registration
- Relevant clinical experience and clinical competence required for level of position
- Experience in the support and supervision of Junior Medical Staff
- Demonstrated ability to practice collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team
Grampians Health Culture & Benefits
At Grampians Health, we recognise our staff are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff, patients, residents, visitors, volunteers and contractors at all sites.
- Flexible work arrangements and purchase leave opportunities
- Salary packaging for living expenses such as rent/mortgage plus meals, entertainment & holidays
- Discounted on-site parking
- Access to discounted health club membership
- Staff rewards and recognition programs
Ballarat is the largest centre in Western Victoria and the states fastest growing inland city. Dubbed Australia’s most liveable city in 2020, Ballarat is home to first class education, fine dining and boutique shopping. Uniquely located within easy access to Melbourne, Geelong, Bendigo and the Western district, Ballarat is blessed with some of Australia’s most significant heritage buildings and natural landscapes.
How to apply
Click APPLY or contact Dr. Anoop Raveendran Nair Lalitha, Director of Clinical Services on 03 5320 4100 for a confidential discussion.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police records check, immunisation clearance and Working with Children check and/or NDIS Worker Screening Check.
All employees must be willing and able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required, which at a minimum is a surgical mask. Additional PPE requirements are role-dependent.
Grampians Health is a child safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Grampians Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (or questioning), intersex and asexual LGBTQIA+.