Please note, if you provide an application and your selection criteria is not submitted, your application will not be processed.
ABOUT MEN & CO. SERVICES
Men & Co. Services (MACS) is a specialist domestic and family violence providing programs and support to men across the Redlands region. MACS is a subsidiary organisation of The Centre for Women & Co. which is a specialist domestic and family violence service and women’s wellbeing service providing programs and high quality and holistic service responses to the Logan and Redland communities. We have 4 sites operating across these regions: Beenleigh, Logan Central, Cleveland and Capalaba.
Our organisation is underpinned by the values of integrity, compassion, and respect and our practice is inclusive, trauma-informed and centered on evidence-based responses. Read more about our vision, values, feminist philosophy, and programs on our website: www.centreforwomen.org.au.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Men & Co. Services Manager plays an important role in working with the CEO, COO and is an integral part of the leadership team at The Centre for Women & Co. The role is to achieve the organisational vision/mission and to promote and ensure an environment of quality, continuous improvement and compliance with funding and service accountability requirements.
This multifaceted role is vital to the effective delivery of men’s services in our organisation and is instrumental in establishing strong partnerships, delivery of services and practices that deliver positive outcomes for service users and the broader community, in line with our strategic plan and feminist philosophy.
A key part of this role is to continue to provide group work and health promotion activities for men, children and young people. Men & Co. Services provides direct service delivery to men in a space that is non-discriminatory, accessible, and affordable. You will work collaboratively with team members and other agencies and organisations to develop appropriate and innovative practices within the Logan and/or Redlands Community.
Tertiary qualification in leadership, social work, community development, or human services (alongside relevant experience) received from a recognised university
Minimum 3 years’ extensive experience in managing and or leading a multidisciplinary team, together with domestic and family violence and men’s health aspects
CRITICAL REQUIREMENTS – Mandatory
- Working with Children Blue Card (must remain current during the term of employment)
- Current QLD driver’s licence (must remain current during the term of employment)
- Competence with technology e.g. Microsoft programs, SharePoint, Teams, Zoom
- Highly developed communication skills (written and verbal)
- Implementation and management of all funded services and programs, including delegation of the day-to-day management of services to the team.
- Provide management, support and mentoring to the teams to effectively undertake their roles, including regular supervision of team member directly and annual performance reviews and planning.
- Supporting and developing the strategic and organisational planning
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and ongoing review of appropriate and effective service models, practice frameworks, policies and procedures specifically relating to the delivery of services within The Centre for Women & Co. and Men & Co. Services.
- Adhere to and contribute to a safe workplace for all team, management committee members, service users and visitors as per Workplace Health and Safety Policy.
- Actively and effectively participate as a member of the team to achieve and maintain an effective, efficient, and accountable organisation that reflects the philosophy of The Centre for Women & Co. and Men & Co. Services.
- Network and work collaboratively with other services.
- Maintaining the organisation’s positive profile in the community by achieving quality outcomes through sound practice.
- Monitor trends in the sector, government, external organisations and within the program to inform future planning.
- Actively pursue funding and other opportunities that will further the strategic growth of the organisation in consult with the CEO and Innovation and Initiatives Manager
- Identify emerging risks in the organisation, develop, and implement recommendations to mitigate potential impacts on the achievement of Men & Co. Services. And The Centre for Women & Co. Objectives.
- Direct financial delegation limit, as per the Financial Delegation policy.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of trauma-informed practice
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues affecting women and how they impact their lives.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in leadership.
- Self-disciplined – able to manage own time to achieve key outcomes and use tools effectively to assist with planning and organising.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA – Essential (these must be addressed and submitted in your application to be considered for the position).
- Minimum 3 years’ extensive experience in managing and or leading a multidisciplinary team, together with men’s health and wellbeing aspects and domestic and family violence.
- Proven leadership with a growth mindset, innovative and inclusive leadership styles, demonstrating experience in a strategic management role including people management, negotiation, influencing, motivating, and supporting team member with the ability to foster effective teamwork.
- Ability to work autonomously with demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to solve complex problems, interpret complex information and develop holistic responses/solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Sound organisational, analytical and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills, including demonstrated ability to write and present clearly and concisely for other professionals and clients.
- Experience in delivering, planning, budget management, human resource, and project management to achieve business and operational goals at a senior level.
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Self-Aware and Reflective
Your Letter of Offer may state you will be based at a particular MACS site, however, at times that you may be required to work at different locations including other CFW sites.
Offers of employment are contingent upon:
A successful reference check (all positions);
Holding and maintaining a valid ‘Working with Children Check’ (all positions).
CFW is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disabilities and individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. We encourage people who are First Nations peoples, or from culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTIA+ communities to apply.
CFW is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. The organisation is a smoke-free workplace.
CFW’s usual hours of operation are from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday, specific hours of work will be determined in accordance with operational requirements and contained in the Contract of Employment.
CFW offers Salary Sacrifice Packages (conditions apply):
General salary packaging of $15,900 per FBT year
Salary Packaging is optional and may have considerable tax benefits depending upon personal circumstances.
Flexible working arrangements are available with some positions and CFW have a workplace wellness program for all team members to access.
This is dependent on the requirements of each individual role and is subject to an application process.