- 2 x Men?s Behaviour Change Practitioner Opportunities (0.8-1EFT to be negotiated with preferred candidates)
- Ballarat location
- Salary Package up to $109,000 pro rata including 11% super (Salary Range: $94,014 – $98,276)
- Generous Salary Packaging of $15,900 + Meals & Entertainment
AT CAFS, YOU MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
Cafs (Child and Family Services Ballarat) is a proudly independent community service organisation, with our head office located in the Ballarat Community. We celebrate diversity and strive to be inclusive in everything we do. For over 156 years, the heart of our service has been the wellbeing of children, young people and their families. Today, that commitment stands strong, and we extend our programs to include everyone who needs assistance across the Grampians and Central Highlands ? Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQA+, people of all abilities, people of different race, ethnicity or cultural backgrounds and people of all religions. Cafs have adopted TBRI� as our preferred model of care and Cafs way of strengthening relationships with others. TBRI uses Empowering Principles to address physical needs, Connecting Principles for attachment needs, and Correcting Principles to disarm fear-based behaviours. Our services are aimed at providing early help and intervention, targeted support and ongoing assistance. Cafs is a value driven organisation, which means we use our values to hold ourselves to account in how we work together and how we serve our clients
We are looking for experienced Men?s Behaviour Change Practitioners to join our team here in Ballarat. The successful applicants will join a supportive team of experienced family violence practitioners working to change the behaviours of men who use violence. These unique roles will provide a mix of case management and group facilitation to men who use violence, shifting their behaviour and interrupting their use of violence. The roles will involve working with perpetrators through the intake, assessment and through case management services. Another key aspect of this role will be co-facilitation of the Men’s Behaviour Change Program (MBC).
We currently have two positions available as Men?s Behaviour Change Practitioners; one position will have a strong case management focus while the other will have a strong focus in group facilitation.
This is an ideal opportunity for experienced practitioners with a genuine interest and passion to work in the Family Violence sector. Support, on the job training and additional professional development opportunities will be available. Our Family Violence team is continuing to grow and we are looking for new practitioners to join our team at Cafs.
You will be a values driven individual who is motivated to make a difference. Our successful candidate will have a general understanding of family Violence programs. You will thrive in working collaboratively within a dynamic and experienced team environment, working closely with your colleagues to facilitate group and consult on client work.
Our successful candidates will hold the below skills and attributes:
- Tertiary Qualification in Social Work, Welfare Studies, Youth Work or related discipline (Mandatory)
- Demonstrated understanding of family violence
- Strong understanding of family violence programs including group facilitation, ideally within the Men’s Behaviour Change Program.
- Strong and authentic interpersonal skills with experience working with a range of clients
- Someone who is committed to ending Family Violence and understands the drivers of family violence
- The understanding of the complexities that come with working with Men who use violence
- The ability to analyse information, undertake assessments and provide advice and guidance to other practitioners
- Alignment to Cafs values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Kindness & Innovation
A minimum Bachelor level qualification in Social Work or recent employment in the family violence sector or equivalency met through the 7 Equivalency Principles in line with the minimum mandatory qualification requirements.
For more information, please go to https://www.vic.gov.au/mandatory-minimum-qualificationsspecialist-family-violence-practitioners or contact our People & Engagement team at [email protected]
What is on offer at Cafs?
- Join an organisation that lives their values
- Inclusive, supportive and innovative teams
- Above award entitlements, including 3 days paid Christmas Leave
- Rewarding Careers with professional development and dedicated resources to support your growth
- Salary Packaging options up to $15,900 plus meals and entertainment
To find out more go visit our careers page https://cafs.org.au/child-and-family-services-ballarat-careers/
We would love to hear from you, to find out more about this opportunity please contact Jeremy Cluning, Family Violence Team Leader for a confidential discussion on 0409 840 225
WANT TO APPLY?
To apply for this role please submit your application through the online portal by selecting the ?apply now? button on our careers webpage.
Please note all applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and will be subject to a satisfactory Police Check outcome and an employment Working with Children Check.
Applications are now open and will close Wednesday the 30th of August, 2023. Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received and applicants may be contacted for interview prior to the closing date.
Need support with your application?
If you require additional assistance with your application please contact [email protected]