Position Classification: Mental Health Professionals – Counsellor Lvl1/Lvl2 – OT Lvl1/Lvl2 – SW Lvl1/Lvl2 – Psychologist; Reg. Nurse
Remuneration: $67,357.32 – $105,895.44 Dependent on qualifications
Hours Per Week: 38 hours per week
Requisition ID: REQ424067
Providing safe, evidence based, person centred care in line with the standards, policies and procedures of the Ministry of Health and other statutory authorities.
Providing community-based intervention and consultation for people who have or may be at high risk of mental health problems.
Care is provided utilising the principles of Trauma Informed Care and Recovery and in accordance with the National Practice Standards for Mental Health Workforce and the NSW Health Mental Health Competencies.
If you have:
- Experience in conducting mental health assessments and in the management and provision of therapeutic interventions for people with a mental illness/disorder and their carer
- The ability to use problem solving skills and a multidisciplinary team approach in the planning, delivery and coordination of client care and the ability to work with complex presentations as an independent clinician
- An understanding of the concept and principles of mental health rehabilitation and recovery and demonstrated experience and skills using a collaborative, strengths-based approach to the care of mental health consumers to ensure evidence-based practice and outcomes
- Knowledge and understanding of person centred care, evidence-based practice and quality improvement using trauma informed care and recovery principles
- Understanding of, and ability to practice in accordance with legislation, policies and within the scope of practice of the relevant professional group (ie Registered Nurse, Occupational therapist, Social Worker, Counsellor or Psychologist)
We can offer you:
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Diverse career pathways
- Professional and personal development
- Opportunities to start or build a career, or re-enter the workforce
- Challenging, inspiring and rewarding roles, and
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Northern NSW Local Health District embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that our people bring to the workplace. We foster inclusiveness and diversity to help us deliver quality care to our community.
Applicants must be of Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander descent. Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised by section 14(d) of the Anti- Discrimination Act 1977. For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people. Please note, to apply for this position you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
- To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
- You may be subject to a probationary period of three months from the date of appointment to this position.
Applications Close: 18th September 2023