We are leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on our next stage, join us to make a difference. We’re here to Stride.
About the service:
Head to Health is a community mental health and wellbeing service for adults, their families and carers that offers access to integrated care and support to improve recovery outcomes. Participants can access a range of community mental health support services; clinical mental health services; care coordination.
- Based in Launceston
- Full-time, Permanent opportunity
- Paying on HPSS Level 3 plus Super
- Leave loading at 17.5%
- Salary packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!!)
- Meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!!
- Paid parental leave
- Stride Rewards – access to discounts from 100s of retailers (fashion, food and fitness)
- Excellent training & career development
- Reflective practice supervision
- One paid wellbeing leave day per year
- Purchase up to 5 additional leave days in a 12 month period (pro rata entitlement if part-time)
Deliver high quality evidence based clinical care as a member of the multidisciplinary team to achieve better health outcomes for adults aged 18 years and over who experience mental health concerns and their families and carers.
- Conduct risk assessments, including assessment of suicide risk, violence/aggression and vulnerability and provide risk management in collaboration with the individual, their family/carers and other support systems with active engagement of appropriate referrals and treatment planning.
- Must have one of the following: Full AHPRA registration as an Occupational Therapist or Mental Health Nurse, General or Provisional AHPRA registration as a Psychologist/Clinical Psychologist OR AASW registration/eligibility as a Social Worker
- Knowledge & understanding of the theory underpinning evidence-based interventions & clinical practice as well as demonstrated excellence in the practical application of such, in the areas of mental health and alcohol and drug use.
- Highly developed communication (including written) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to engage with people, advocate on their behalf and establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, clients, families & friends and stakeholders.
- Experience in the use of electronic client/customer management systems, ability to use a desktop computer, and experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Must be eligible to apply/currently hold a WWCC
- Must hold/be willing to apply for NDIS worker screening clearance
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all positions (in accordance with Public Health Orders, Work Health and Safety and duty of care obligations for staff and participants/students). As part of the recruitment process Stride requests evidence of vaccination status (in accordance with privacy principles) to ensure compliance with all government orders and directives.
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds in order to enhance the depth of cultural diversity and insight within our workforce.
This includes but is not limited to people with a lived-experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt with a final closing date of 10th of September 2023. Please be advised that the listing may close earlier if sufficient applications have been received.
Any queries please direct them to Launceston Head to Health on (03) 63 382 600