Position Classification: Mental Health Professionals – Counsellor Level 1 / Level 2; Occupational Therapist Level 1/ Level 2; Psychologist; Registered Nurse; Social Worker Level 1 / Level 2
Remuneration: $67,357.32 – $94,568.44
Hours Per Week: 38 hours per week Permanent Full Time
Requisition ID: REQ431985
Byron Central Hospital is looking for a Mental Health Professional to provide safe, evidence based, person centred care in line with the standards, policies and procedures of the Ministry of Health and other statutory authorities.
Providing safe, evidence based, person centred care in line with the standards, policies and procedures of the Ministry of Health and other statutory authorities.
Providing community based intervention and consultation for people who have or may be at high risk of mental health problems.
Care is provided utilising the principles of Trauma Informed Care and Recovery and in accordance with the National Practice Standards for Mental Health Workforce and the NSW Health Mental Health Competencies.
If you have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and eligible for registration: Registration with Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) OR Occupational Therapist (registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency [AHPRA]) OR Social Worker (eligible for membership of the AASW) OR Counsellor (hold a Bachelor of Health Science (Mental Health – Djirruwang)) OR Psychologist or Provisional Psychologist (registered or able to obtain registration in NSW) and experience working in a mental health setting. To be appointed as a Level 2 Health Professional, evidence must be provided of three years’ clinical experience
- Experience in conducting mental health assessments and in the management and provision of therapeutic interventions for people with a mental illness/disorder and their carers
- Understanding of the concept and principles of mental health rehabilitation and recovery and demonstrated experience and skills using a collaborative, strengths based approach to the care of mental health consumers to ensure evidence based practice and outcomes
- Effective communication through the use of information technology, written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others
We can offer you:
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Diverse career pathways
- Professional and personal development
- Opportunities to start or build a career, or re-enter the workforce
- Challenging, inspiring and rewarding roles, and
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Northern NSW Local Health District embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that our people bring to the workplace. We foster inclusiveness and diversity to help us deliver quality care to our community.
NNSWLHD is committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. All applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably. For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
- To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
- You may be subject to a probationary period of three months from the date of appointment to this position.
Applications Close: 24th September 2023