Position Classification: Mental Health Professionals – CNS Gde2; OT Lvl2; Psychologist; SW Lvl3
Remuneration: $71,240 – $105895 dependent on qualification
Hours Per Week: 38 hours per week
Requisition ID: REQ430527
If you have:
- A relevant qualification in Bachelor of Occupational Therapy registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or relevant qualification in Social Work with eligibility for membership to Australian Association of Social Workers; OR Registered with AHPRA and full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia; OR Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) and at least 3 years’ full time equivalent clinical experience in the management of clients with mental health conditions; with a post graduate qualification in a specialty related to mental health nursing
- Clinical experience in the provision of assessment and treatment services in a Child and Adolescent Mental Health setting
- Knowledge of the NSW Mental Health Act, the NSW Mental Health Competence Standards and National Practise Standards for Mental Health Workforce.
- Availability and capacity to participate in a seven day rotating roster that includes working all days of the week including public holidays
We can offer you:
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Diverse career pathways
- Professional and personal development
- Opportunities to start or build a career, or re-enter the workforce
- Challenging, inspiring and rewarding roles, and
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Northern NSW Local Health District embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that our people bring to the workplace. We foster inclusiveness and diversity to help us deliver quality care to our community.
NNSWLHD is committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. All applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably. For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
- To apply for this position, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
- You may be subject to a probationary period of three months from the date of appointment to this position.
What you’ll be doing
The Safeguards Team is a new dedicated Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) resource providing innovative and best practice care to children and adolescents aged 0-17 years experiencing acute mental health distress
Providing clinical mental health services within the Safeguard Service team which is community based and will provide rapid, mobile, intensive and flexible short term delivery of skilled evidence based interventions to resolve mental health crisis both in the community and acute facilities.
Applications Close: 21st September 2023