Mental Health Clinician
- Boronia location with Hybrid working options
- Competitive salary including salary packaging
- Ongoing 0.6FTE
Who are we?
healthAbility, as the name suggests, plays a unique and valuable role in the health system. We work to address the root causes of vulnerability, prevent disease and promote lifelong health outcomes, empowering people in our community to live their best life.
Our role is also supporting people to self-manage long-term health conditions, such as diabetes and mental health challenges, with multidisciplinary teams delivering community-based programs in a comfortable setting. We also support people, including older people and people with disability, to stay living at home longer and to live well in their community.
Our broad range of primary health services, care management and in home and community support services can be tailored to an individual’s needs and with major hubs in Box Hill and Eltham, these services can be delivered locally, in the Eastern and North Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
Why work with us?
Although our clients are at the heart of what we do and we strive to positively impact our communities and those who need it most, the wellbeing of our employees is just as important.
When joining healthAbility’s supportive, kind, caring and ethical culture, you are welcomed by multi-disciplinary teams passionate about the health and wellbeing of clients and communities, from prevention through to specialist care, and passionate about continually learning and building on their areas of expertise. We embrace this passion and are values driven, offering careers with meaning and environments that are flexible, evolving, creative and connected.
We are looking for a Mental Health Clinician to join our supportive and professional multidisciplinary teams in an ongoing part time capacity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Undertake initial and ongoing risk assessments of clients and develop tailored safety plans
- Conduct comprehensive assessments, develop collaborative care plans, and deliver evidence based psychological interventions to address identified mental health concerns
- Conduct regular clinical reviews with clients and their care team and attend regular Clinical Pathways Meetings
- Work collaboratively with consumers, family/carers and other health professionals
- Establish effective working relationships with the multidisciplinary team, collaborative partner organisations and with other key stakeholders
- Participate in regular staff meetings, operational (line management) supervision and professional development
- Participate in regular clinical supervision, which includes self-reflection, self-care, risk management and identification of needs
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications and current registration with AASW as a Mental Health Social Worker or with AHPRA as a Psychologist
- Demonstrated experience in mental health assessment and safety planning, case formulation and therapeutic interventions
- Experienced in a range of evidence-based psychological therapies, such as CBT, ACT, mindfulness, motivational interviewing and solution-focussed therapy
- Ability to work creatively and safely with consumers from diverse backgrounds, including LGBTIQ, CALD and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Ability to organise workload, problem solve effectively, set priorities and meet performance targets and deadlines
- Proficiency with electronic health record systems (such as TrakCare or FIXUS) and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
If you want to work with great people – we’d love to hear from you.
To view the position description, please go to https://healthability.org.au/about-us/careers/ click on “current vacancies”. Any enquiries can be made to Suzanne Hanrahan, Team Leader, Mental Health and Counselling at [email protected]
Please apply here by submitting a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria with your CV. Thank you for your time and interest and please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly. No agencies please.
See the video to hear from our employees why this opportunity is much more than a job and how healthAbility offers careers with meaning.