Are you looking for a permanent part time Mental Health Clinician role in a values-based community organisation? We may have the role for you!
If you are passionate about improving the mental health of clients in our community, we would love to hear from you!
About the role
Inspiro is partnering with Access Health & Community, Carrington Health and Oonah Belonging Place to deliver the Outer East Mental Health Stepped Care Program funded by Eastern Melbourne Primary Healthcare Network (EMPHN).
Our team deliver mental health care and support in the Inner and Outer East catchment as part of a community-based mental health service.
We are seeking a Mental Health Clinician 2 days per week (0.4 FTE) on an ongoing basis, to provide mental health services and clinical care coordination to consumers with complex needs, in the Yarra Ranges community. This role will be based in Lilydale.
The Mental Health Clinician will deliver individual and group-based psychological interventions to consumers in the Mental Health Stepped Care program.
The Mental Health Clinician will work as a part of the multidisciplinary Stepped Care team using the clinical staging model to assess and deliver evidence-based treatment to consumers. This includes undertaking mental health assessments, developing goals and treatment plans, providing psychological interventions and working with parents/carers/family members and other professionals in a shared care approach.
- Undertake comprehensive assessment of consumers which includes mental health, Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD), psychosocial, functional, and physical assessment domains
- Use the clinical staging model in the assessment and development of treatment plans
- Work collaboratively with consumers, family/carers and other health professionals to develop and implement Collaborative Care Plans
- Undertake initial and ongoing risk assessments of consumers and develop risk management plans (including the provision of Quick Response Suicide Prevention Services under Stepped Care)
- Provide evidence-based psychological interventions and support to consumers under the Stepped Care program
- Liaise with referrers and GPs in relation to reviewing consumer progress and ensure all consumers have a regular clinical review
- Develop and co-facilitate group based therapeutic interventions
- Provide services in both face-to-face and telehealth modalities
- Participate in shared care with internal and external services, including attendance at care team meetings, case coordination and clinical reviews.
About you, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work or psychology
- Desire to work in a fast-paced role that values supporting the local community through an evidence-based practice model
- Current registration with AASW as a Mental Health Social Worker or current registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist
- Demonstrated experience in mental health assessment, formulation and therapeutic interventions
- Experienced in a range of evidence-based psychological therapies, such as CBT, ACT, mindfulness, motivational interviewing and solution-focused therapy
- Demonstrated experience and training in clinical risk assessments and implementing risk management plans with consumers.
For a copy of the Position Description, please visit our Careers page https://www.inspiro.org.au
We are a not-for-profit community health service based in the Yarra Ranges. We’ve been delivering responsive, affordable and accessible care to our community for more than 26 years.
We provide friendly and client-centred allied health, counselling, dental and health promotion services that enhance and improve the health and wellbeing of our locals in the outer east of Melbourne.
Our values of being Friendly, Client Centred and Local are who we are and what we’re about!
Why work with us?
- Wellbeing is our priority – we’re committed to a culture that values and supports staff wellbeing. All our leaders are trained in mental health first aid and our wellbeing initiatives are ever evolving and promoted across our organisation. We have trained Wellbeing Connectors, supported Personal Resilience Plans, a Wellness Well for staff wellbeing driven activities, an active Health & Wellbeing Committee (just to name a few) and of course our Employee Assistance Program.
- Attractive remuneration – receive a generous salary and benefits, including NFP salary packaging, meal and entertainment and novated lease.
- Great team culture – we promote a collaborative approach across Inspiro and understand that by embracing hybrid models of work where possible, our staff can benefit from a flexible, family-friendly, and outcome-focused culture and bring their whole selves to work.
- Ongoing professional development – we invest in workforce development and provide opportunities for our staff to grow and enhance the way we work and provide services. Annual staff scholarships applications also available.
- Everyone is welcome – Inspiro encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where individual differences and intersecting identities are respected and celebrated.
- Free onsite car parking & accessible public transport – we have free onsite car parking and are also close to Lilydale and Belgrave train stations.
Tell us why you’d like to work at Inspiro and what you can bring to this role.
Please attach a cover letter and an updated resume. Alternatively, send your application directly to our HR team at [email protected]. If you have any questions, please get in touch.
We’re keen to recruit for this role ASAP – so we’ll shortlist as applications are received. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We welcome Everyone. Inspiro is committed to an inclusive workforce and celebrates the value of difference and diversity. We encourage applications from people of all abilities and ages, First Nations people and people of all cultures. We also encourage people to apply who have a lived experience of mental health challenges so that our workforce can better connect with our community and drive collaborative and innovative healthcare improvements.
To be the successful candidate you must:
- meet the position requirements,
- undertake a Police Record & NDIS Clearance Check,
- hold an Employee Working with Children Check, and
- meet the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
Inspiro may request additional background checks subject to current legislation.
To learn more about our organisation, check out our Annual Report via video!