This locum contract is fulltime for a 12 week period with possible extension in the Intake/Triage Team that works as part of the Community Mental Health Team at Roma in Central QLD. The position is part of a multidisciplinary team that operates under an integrated framework with a focus on recovery oriented practice and patient centred care.
- Provide initial triage, referral, comprehensive mental assessments as well as in reach within the emergency department.
- You will be working with a multidisciplinary team of 6 clinicians consisting of OT’s, social workers, nurses and psychiatrist.
- You will be the first point of contact providing initial mental health triage screening, intake assessment and curating appropriate management plans and recommendations.
- The Triage Clinician is key to providing high quality, evidence-based screening and assessment overnight to assist clients to address their mental health concerns and contribute to the prevention and reduction of mental health symptoms.
- Completed Qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Occupational Therapy
- Professional Registration/Membership with AASW or AHPRA depending on speciality.
- Previous experience in mental health setting and experience in intake assessments
- Ability to remain calm in a crisis driven environment
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and negotiate/liaise with clients and members of the community.
- Ability to work with vulnerable young people and their families with an understanding of the holistic needs of the client and their families.
- Current Blue card, National Police Check or eligibility to obtain
- Current open drivers licence
- Agency Rates: $73 p/h + Super + Free Accommodation and Travel Allowance
- Free share accommodation for duration of contract
- Travel Allowance