- $97,607 + super + not for profit salary packaging
- Full Time Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Pilbara Region covering South Hedland 6722, Karratha 6714, and Newman 6753
- Rewarding work – every day you know you are making a real difference
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The Mental Health Clinician provides quality support, coordination, and access to evidence-based psychological treatment for individuals diagnosed with, or at risk of developing, a mild to moderate mental health condition. And the financially disadvantaged (e.g. healthcare card holder or unemployed) or if they do not have access to alternative care residing within our communities across the Pilbara.
Regular travel between South Headland, Karratha, and Newman will be required to deliver this vital service across the region.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Deliver a range of psychosocial interventions and including specialist discipline specific therapies, counselling, psycho education and provision of direct strategic support across the Pilbara
- Conduct comprehensive mental health assessments, including risk assessments
- Assist clients to develop a comprehensive individual recovery plan; and facilitate effective delivery, monitoring and evaluation of this plan
- Actively engage with potential clients and advocate for clients with other services
- Provide input into case planning and participate in case review meetings when required
- Mentor and provide guidance to Mental Health Workers
Requirements for Success
With a significant background in the Clinical Social Work and/or Mental Health Social Work and/or Nursing sectors, you will be confident in your assessment processes. Other requirements include:
- Degree in Psychology with AHPRA registration. Degree in Social Work or Nursing with relevant registration (i.e., AASW, AHPRA) and mental health counselling experience will be considered.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Extensive knowledge of mental health issues and working with people in regional/remote areas
- Knowledge and understanding of the non-government mental health sector
- Willingness and ability to live and work in a remote location
- Demonstrated keyboard skills and computer literacy including the suite of Office programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, competing interests and to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Action oriented and take accountability to achieve results in line with set timeframes
- Proven ability to build and maintain sustainable internal and external relationships
- Demonstrated experience working and collaborating effectively with others, ensuring key stakeholders are involved, sharing information, and ensuring people are kept informed of progress, changes, and issues
- Must have full driver licence with no restrictions
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications, and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered, and celebrated, we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous employee discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
- Volunteering opportunities
- Extra leave available including an additional public holiday and the opportunity to purchase further annual leave.
- Pilbara Remote Benefits include:
- Additional $1,000 each year to assist with cost of living in a remote area
- 5 weeks Annual leave
- Access to up to 5 additional days Personal/Carers leave each yea
- Rental Assistance of up to $200 per week
- Relocation allowance of $1,500 to assist in moving to the area
How To Apply
Review the Position Description here: IPMHC Mental Health Clinician PD Aug 2023 (2).pdf
To be considered for this opportunity, click ‘apply’ and send your application today!
As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
Applications for this role are shortlisted as received.
Be quick to apply for this exciting and vital role.