- Competitive base salary plus access to comprehensive salary packaging via Maxxia
- Full-time and part-time positions (minimum 3 days a week), fixed-term until 30th June 2024, with the possibility of a longer-term contract extension.
- For provisional psychologists, if you are seeking internal supervision through the MindSpot Academy, the minimum 4 working days are required.
- Looking for applicants based in Perth and surrounds with an opportunity to work from home with a laptop provided.
MindSpot Clinic is seeking motivated and enthusiastic Mental Health Clinician (Psychologists, Provisional Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Nurses, Counsellors, Occupational Therapists) who are passionate about delivering exceptional mental healthcare services to Australian patients via digital omni-channels e.g., telephone and secure messaging including psychological assessment, treatments, and referrals (where applicable).
This role will be based in our Perth offices. MindSpot operates from 9am to 5pm AWST Mon – Fri. You will be rostered to work 7.6 hours on a permanent roster which would include mostly day shifts.
As a part of MQ Health, MindSpot is an internationally recognized translational research group. MindSpot’s vision is to build an emotionally resilient world using technology to improve access to, and quality of mental health services. MindSpot comprises of a research clinic (eCentreClinic, www.ecentreclinic.org), a national online mental health service (MindSpot Clinic, www.mindspot.org.au), and a state-based virtual mental health service (MindSpot GP)). These clinics serve more than 25,000 patients each year.
MQ Health is the Macquarie University Health Sciences Centre, an innovative patient-focused health system. It combines Macquarie University Hospital, the MQ Health Clinics, and the Macquarie University Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences to deliver integrated clinical care, research, and learning. Visit our website: https://www.mindspot.org.au/about-mindspot
- The Mental Health Clinician will conduct psychological assessments to help patients learn and understand their mental health symptoms and identify treatment needs.
- Many patients choose to access virtual treatment with MindSpot, the Registered Health Professional will deliver treatments that are based on the well-tested clinical principle of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) using online and telephone methods.
- Provide assessment and post treatment reports and maintain clinical documentation and case notes in MindSpot’s electronic database and medical systems.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant healthcare providers in relation to the provision of clinical care.
- Identify and escalate clinical, IT and/or operational issues or risks to ensure the safety and effectiveness of clinical service delivery.
To be considered, please provide your resume along with a cover letter no longer than 2 pages, addressing the following selection criteria.
- Tertiary qualification in allied health – psychology, occupational therapy, nursing, social work, or any related disciplines with registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or any relevant registration body.
- For provisional psychologists, eligibility for provisional registration as a psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in providing mental healthcare services across a range of contexts and populations. Digital mental health service is highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering CBT treatment, risk assessments and intervention.
- Delivery of excellent communication skills in both verbal and written contexts.
- Commitment to continuous improvement with a focus on evidence-based and patient-centered clinical practices.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and the ability to navigate multiple digital tools e.g. Outlook, MS Teams, Electronic Software Platform
- Demonstrated ability of managing and prioritising workloads within routine and project managment.
- Ability to collaboratively work within multidisciplinary healthcare team to provide high-quality patient care.
- Criminal history check
- WA Working with Children Check
Enquiries: Please contact Priti Thadhani, Clinic Manager at [email protected] for role-specific enquiries