“We support individuals living with mental health challenges to achieve outcomes they value.”
About the Role
- Full time, Permanent available, located Townsville Head to Health Centre
- Nurses Award 2020 (Level 2) $93,168 – $97,891 or Health Professional & Support Services Award 2020 (Level 2) $88,406 – $98,899 per annum + Superannuation
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses increasing your take home income where part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, savings thousands in tax each year
- Generous above award pay and entitlements (see details below)
About your new role
As the Mental Health Clinician, you will draw on your discipline specific skills, to provide high quality interventions aimed at improving the mental health and wellbeing outcomes for consumers accessing the HTH Centre. The Mental Health Clinician role will have a focus on clinical assessment, collaborative care planning and navigating consumers to access holistic and integrated care.
What will Neami offer in return?
- Generous leave entitlements including 13 weeks paid parental leave, 4 weeks paid partner leave, 2 days wellness leave, 2 days additional carers leave, and 3 days compassionate per occasion
- Access to paid study leave and discipline specific paid external supervision
- Professional development through regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Ongoing extensive in-house Learning and Development Programs to encourage learning and skill-building
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Benestar – access a holistic health and wellness offering of supports and resources to Neami staff and their immediate family
- Work flexibility arrangements available for maintaining your work-life balance
What you will bring to the role?
- As a Mental Health Clinician, you will have registration with the relevant accreditation body in your field. It is a responsibility of the incumbent to maintain all registrations requirements with the appropriate registration authority with continuing professional development
- A strong understanding of supporting people experiencing emotional distress through their recovery journey; and an ability to articulate and promote the value of and strengths gained from lived experiences of recovery
- Ability to role-model and develop recovery-oriented and trauma-informed practices across the service
- Demonstrated leadership skills and attributes
- A nuanced understanding of mental health systems and service navigation
What the role requires:
- National Criminal History Check (Police check) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Current Working with Children Check (Blue card) required before commencement of work
- Current AHPRA or AASW registration
- Current Drivers licence
- Australian Working Rights
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description, please contact:
Luke O’Hare, Regional Manager North Queensland
Applications Close: Sunday 17 September 2023
Be Yourself – Neami values and celebrates diversity including multidisciplinary teams and the unique backgrounds, experiences, and contributions that each person brings to our community. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that is accessible, inclusive and reflects the community in which we live.