Grand Pacific Health is a not-for-profit, primary health care organisation. We’re here to provide our local communities in NSW and the ACT with equitable, inclusive and integrated health care including physical health and mental health care services. We currently employ 340 people, provide services from 25 locations and are continuing to grow.
About the position
The Next Steps program is a suicide aftercare program that supports individuals following a period of suicidality for a period of up to 12 weeks. The Mental Health Clinician will work collaboratively within the Next Steps Program to undertake individual assessments, develop targeted recovery plans and provide evidence based psychological interventions for a diverse range of consumers with mental health needs and their families and carers.
This role will also work under a person centered, recovery philosophy and collaboratively with other programs and key stakeholders including General Practitioners, Local Health District Clinicians, non-government organisations (NGOs) and government organisations to provide high quality outcomes for consumers and their families and carers.
This is a part-time (4 days per week), fixed term position until 30 June 2024. Location is flexible and you can be based in our offices in Goulburn, Queanbeyan, Moruya, or Bega.
We are looking for someone with:
- Current AHPRA registration as an Aboriginal health worker, psychologist or provisionally registered psychologist, mental health nurse or occupational therapist, accreditation with the AASW as a mental health social worker or accreditation with Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA).
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking comprehensive mental health assessments and development of intervention plans in collaboration with consumers and their family and carers
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing holistic, evidence-based therapeutic services
- Understanding of the biological, psychological and social underpinnings of mental health
Why join GPH?
- Flexible work arrangements to find your best work life balance
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Regular supervision and support (include for clinicians and peer workers)
- Generous salary packaging options – increase your take home pay
- We make a positive difference to the lives of those we support!
Visit our website www.gph.org.au/employment to download Position Description and our Employee Benefits Information and click the ‘apply’ button to submit your application.
Please ensure that your cover letter addresses the selection criteria detailed in the position description and include this in your application.
For more information please contact: Bec Bennett, Service Manager Next Steps on 0407 001 683 or [email protected]
Applications close: 18 September 2023
*Please note that short-listing of candidates will commence prior to the closure of this role, so please do not delay submitting your application.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience of mental health, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from the LGBTQI community, multicultural communities and people with a disability.
Selected applicants will be asked to provide evidence of compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination.