Position Classification: Occupational Therapist Level 1/2 / Social Worker Level 1/2 / Registered Nurse / Psychologist
Remuneration: $67,357.32 – $105,895 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ427113
Applications Close: 10 September 2023
What you’ll be doing
The position is part of the multi-disciplinary Child Adolescent Youth Mental Health Team located in Nowra and provides evidence-based assessment, information and treatment for children, young people and their families in the Shoalhaven . This may involve brief interventions, assessment, initiating and managing planned treatment options, consultation, and referral to other agencies for crisis management. It includes delivering a range of intervention strategies including individual, family and group work.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed an up-to-date course of a COVID-19 vaccine (2 doses) which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Please provide proof of vaccination if available.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
This recruitment may be used to create a talent pool / eligibility list where candidates may be offered casual, permanent, or temporary full-time or part-time positions within the next 12 months.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Criminal record checks will be undertaken on successful applicants. This position is designated as child-related employment and you will be required to obtain a Working With Children clearance from the Office of the Children’s Guardian. To apply, please go to https://wwccheck.ocg.nsw.gov.au/Apply
Your claim against the selection criteria is the most important part of your application as it will help determine whether or not you have met the standard of response required by the panel to be eligible for an interview. You should read the Position Description and then address the selection criteria for the role, giving examples where required. Applicants are encouraged to review the following information on Applying for a position within NSW Health at: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/guide/nswhealth/Pages/apply-for-position.aspx
- Relevant qualifications as an Occupational Therapist, Registered Nurse or Psychologist, currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), or a qualified Social Worker eligible for registration with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Clinical experience in psychosocial assessment, care planning, family/parent psycho- education and behaviour management, appropriate to young people presenting with symptoms of mental illness and providing therapies that are able to be provided in context of family or in group modalities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice and education to enhance service delivery and to guide and support others in providing service excellence.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing, and proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team. Demonstrated competence in the use of electronic information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work and manage stressful situations; ability to work unsupervised and apply advanced reasoning skills and professional judgement when dealing with situations of a novel or critical nature.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence, with the ability to travel in accordance with position responsibilities.