• Fixed Term Full Time in Campbelltown
• Generous Renumeration (HPSSA Award Level 3 + Super + Salary Packaging Option)
• Leading Mental Health NFP
One Door Mental Health (ODMH) is looking for a Mental Health Clinician to join our incredible team at headspace in Campbelltown, NSW on a fixed term full-time basis.
About One Door
One Door Mental Health is a leading for purpose service provider for those living with mental illness, their families and carers.
Our community creates a safe place that connects people, our services are innovative and supported by more than 30 years of experience, and our advocacy work is putting an end to stigma through education and understanding.
Creating a world in which people with a mental illness are valued and treated as equals is at the heart of everything we do.
You can read more about One Door Mental Health and our values here.
About the Program
headspace provides early intervention mental health services to young people aged 12-25. The Holistic Youth Program (HYP) is a service stream of headspace and provides youth friendly, strengths-focused support to young people with, or at risk of developing, a serious mental illness that can significantly impacting their day-to-day work, education, social and/or personal life.
In conjunction with the headspace team, HYP is designed to provide flexible, medium-term care (typically up to 12 months) at no cost. The program focuses on young people who would benefit from a multidisciplinary or team-based approach with the goal of preventing the individual from having to access specialist mental health services and reducing long-term mental ill-health.
About the Role
The Mental Health Clinician works collaboratively with a young person and their family/carers to identify their support needs, goals and develop collaborative care plans. The incumbent will provide high quality psycho-social assessment and evidence-based, focused psychological interventions and work with the HYP peer worker to provide holistic, integrated services that support young people to achieve their recovery goals.
HYP is delivered by a consortium of providers in each headspace program and ReFrame service across South Western Sydney lead by GPH. As such the incumbent will work closely with other mental health clinicians employed at each site to support excellence in program delivery.
For more information on this fixed term full-time role, the position description may be viewed here.
Your key skills and experience
- Current full AHPRA registration as a clinical psychologist, registered psychologist, mental health nurse, occupational therapist (OTs will need to be accredited or be willing to work towards accreditation with OTA as meeting the Australian Competency Standards for occupational therapists in mental health) OR
- Accredited mental health social worker with the AASW (or willingness to work towards this) OR
- Current clinical registration as a PACFA Mental Health Practitioner OR
- Current level 3 or 4 membership with ACA
- Minimum 2 years post graduate experience in mental health including confidence working with young people experiencing or at risk of complex mental health issues and/or substance use problems.
- Experience in assessment and diagnosis of mental health disorders, and provision of Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy and other evidence-based focused psychological strategies
- Demonstrated ability to engage and communicate effectively with young people and their family, friends or carers.
- High standard of computer literacy and data entry competency including MS office and demonstrated capacity learn new technologies including clinical software packages.
- Current driver’s licence and have access to a comprehensively insured motor vehicle
One Door Mental Health requires all staff to have a Police Check clearance, a current Working with Children’s Check and NDIS Worker Screening clearance and appropriate COVID-19 Vaccination.
One Door Mental Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.
How to apply?
Please submit your application to https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ODMH1162 by 5PM on the 16th of August 2023.
If you have any questions about the role you may contact Rafia Marsh on [email protected].
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a recognised and respected organisation that is purpose and values driven!