Mental Health Clinician/Psychologist
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Full Time and/or Part Time positions
- Based in ACT
We are currently seeking a Mental Health Clinician / Psychologist to work across Better Access, NDIS Counselling, and Cognitive Assessment programs within our Allied Health Services. In addition, opportunity to work within the Next Step high intensity mental health program is available.
The role involves providing high quality clinical services to vulnerable and disadvantaged people within the community. Working within the Better Access program and at times providing therapeutic intervention within the NDIS counselling program. An opportunity to work within the Next Step CBT program is also available.
Your duties include:
- assessment, treatment and evidence-based counselling across the lifespan with a wide range of presentations.
- Conducting general cognitive assessments when required.
- Complete administrative tasks including maintaining clinical records, writing relevant reports, data entry, ensuring service agreements are followed and other associated tasks.
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people’s lives – we want to hear from you!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas.
Marymead CatholicCare’s employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, free parking, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
Marymead CatholicCare is the social services arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration while adhering to our values of Respect, Integrity, Inclusivity, Care and Compassion and Excellence.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Full registration including one of the following; 1) Registration with APHRA as a psychologist, seeking either general registered psychologists or clinical psychologists or, is an
- Accredited Mental Health social worker, or in the process of accreditation with the AASW.
- Demonstrated skills and experience working with one or more of the following client groups: children, adolescents and/or adults.
- Commitment to and proficiency delivering evidence-based practice.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and time management skills
You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- a current drivers licence, and
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Address each area above in a covering letter (no more than 2 pages).
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Please send your applications to: Julia Esprey [email protected]
For more information or to apply please visit:
Closing Date: 30 September 2023
Marymead CatholicCare has a commitment to child safeguarding and zero tolerance to child abuse. CatholicCare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are strongly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.