Eden Private Hospital is a 48 bed rehabilitation, sub-acute medical and mental health hospital located in the idyllic Noosa Hinterland township of Cooroy. Eden Private is a progressive leader in the delivery of health services in Queensland and is supported by multiple Aurora Hospital sites Australia Wide. Eden Private Hospital is dedicated to excellence through the provision of compassionate quality care, teamwork and innovation.
Eden Private Hospital delivers a diverse range of programs and therapy to suit patient needs – therapy needs include orthopaedic, neurological, reconditioning, cardiac rehabilitation and various medical and mental health conditions.
Why join Eden Private Hospital?
- Work in a collaborative multidisciplinary team
- Flexible working options are available including casual, permanent part-time, and the opportunity to transition to full-time
- Professional Development and Clinical Supervision
About the Role:
Mental Health Clinicians in our team have the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate various group therapy interventions with both inpatients and day patients at the hospital.
- Work collaboratively with team members including other Mental Health Clinicians, Nursing Staff, and Psychiatrists.
If you would like to join the Eden Private Hospital Team, please see the below criteria:
Essential Criteria and Qualifications:
- Full registration with AHPRA, AASW, or relevant discipline authority
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in mental health (may include post-graduate training)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Immunisation evidence (including COVID vaccination) and serology report
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously within a team
- Be adaptive, flexible, and self-motivated in your approach
- All employees are required to complete and maintain their mandatory education and competencies in accordance with Eden Private Hospital policies and procedures
- Experience working with clients presenting with severe and persistent mental health issues and complex needs
- Experience and expertise in the delivery of a broad range of evidence based therapeutic interventions, including but not limited to CBT, ACT, and DBT
- Experience in providing group based therapy sessions
Vaccination Preventable Disease
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment:
- COVID-19 (double vaccinated)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- Pertussis (whooping cough), Diphtheria and Tetanus
- Hepatitis B
You must be able to provide serology evidence and a VPD form for the above mentioned vaccinations and will be asked by the recruiting manager to supply this evidence if you are the preferred candidate for the role. Please note you are not susceptible to the VPD’s listed in the role description.
We are in a significant growth phase at Eden Private Hospital and we would be excited to have you onboard with us!
Please submit your interest to:
Matthew Rowe, Director of Clinical Services
no later than COB 5pm 9th October 2023
Please note we will be reviewing and contacting suitable applicants prior to the closing date