Are you looking for a change of pace? Are you wanting to move away from a large practice into a smaller space where you are supported and have room for growth in your carer? Dixie and Thyme Counselling is a thriving mental health practice that places a focus on employee mental health and wellbeing, as well as providing quality services to all of our clients. We are seeking a Social Worker or Psychologist to join the team for a start in October. You must be a passionate clinician who enjoys providing support to young people between the ages of 12-30 years old and their families. You will be working as a part of a small team and growing private practice that has been a finalist in the Tamworth Quality Business Awards for 2 years running.
For more information about our service, you can visit www.dixieandthymecounselling.com or email [email protected]
Qualifications & experience
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree is needed for this position with a minimum of 2 years experience working in human services. The position is open to a new graduate who has completed their prac at a mental health service.
- Experience working with children and young people in Out of Home Care or young people who are accessing the NDIS
- Experience using Focused Psychological Strategies and a variety of therapeutic interventions
- Registration with your relevant governing body
- NSW Working with Children Check and National Police Check
- First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
Tasks & responsibilities
- Providing therapeutic intervention to young people between the ages of 12-30 years old using a variety of Focused Psychological Strategies and evidence based interventions.
- Be self-sufficient with completing all administrative tasks in a timely manor
- You will have a practical case load with time for administration tasks to be completed each day
- To engage in ongoing CPD
- Form relationships with stakeholders and referrers in the community
- Develop and run workshops that are directed toward young people
- Paid external supervision
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Access to a work mobile phone and laptop
- 1 hour for lunch break each day