Position Classification: Mental Health Professionals
Remuneration: 67442 – 79397
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ413769
Closing date: 17 August 2023
- Rural location- In a scenic country hospital
- Cohesive highly regarded team
What you’ll be doing
Provide triage, assessment, intervention and response to meet the Mental Health needs of person in the community, the community sector and primary care partners when they encounter mental health problems.
To work collaboratively with other service providers/agencies to promote assertive and timely service delivery for clients in the provision of holistic evidence based care in accordance to MNCLHD and Ministry of Health policies and directive.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). Additionally, Category A workers are required to receive a booster dose three months after completing the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate (IM011 immunisation medical exemption form) certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Salary will be accordance with NSW Health State Awards for the advertised classification/s. These awards are available at http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/conditions/pages/default.aspx.
AN ELIGIBILITY LIST FROM THIS RECRUITMENT ACTIVITY MAY BE CREATED FOR FUTURE VACANCIES
- Current Registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia; or Bachelor of Social Work and eligible for membership to the Australian Association of Social Workers; or Current Registration with the Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia. Must hold as a minimum a bachelor’s degree in counselling or a related field; or must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field i.e. Bachelor of Health Science (Mental Health)
- Demonstrated competency to provide contemporary specialist mental health care, crisis assessment, care management, consultation and liaison services.
- Understanding of and commitment to recovery orientated service provision.
- Demonstrated ability/skills to work effectively and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team, including key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated effective work practices including time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities in the assessment and management of people presenting with complex mental health needs, using evidence based approaches.
- Current drivers licence and willingness to travel for work purposes.
- Competency in skills in computer use and competency to use NSW Health systems.
Need more information?