Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Occupational Therapist Level 1, Occupational Therapist Level 2, Psychologist,
Registered Nurse, Social Worker Level 1, Social Worker Level 2
Remuneration: $33.97 – $53.41 per hour, plus superannuation
Hours Per Week: 32
Requisition ID: REQ421516
Are you an experienced Mental Health Clinician and want to join a progressive Community Mental Health team helping people live their best lives? We would welcome your application!
Where you’ll be working
Community Mental Health Team, ESMHS, located at the Maroubra Centre, Maroubra.
What you’ll be doing
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ?exceptional care, healthier lives?. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
All staff are expected to act as an appropriate and effective role model and promote culture and supporting practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviours and interactions with patients, clients and employees.
The CMH Clinician will provide comprehensive strengths based and recover focused assessments with consumers and the formulation of time limited packages of care signed off by consumers and their care givers. These packages will detail the clinical mental health services and other wraparound supports to be provided.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). Additionally, Category A workers are required to receive a booster dose three months after completing the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations. New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate (IM011 immunisation medical exemption form) certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
SESLHD is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of our community. This will help ensure our employees, our patients and their carers, feel supported. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply.
Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Candidates
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates and we have an Aboriginal Employment Consultant that can provide support. If you have any questions or would like guidance on the recruitment process, please contact the SESLHD Aboriginal Employment Team via email to: [email protected]
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work and eligible for membership with AASW. Tertiary qualifications in Nursing, Occupational Therapy or Psychology (with a minimum four-year degree with a major in Psychology and registration with the Psychologists Board of Australia) and registered with AHPRA .
- Demonstrated experience in the mental health assessment, treatment and management of persons with a mental illness in a community setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to a consumer focussed recovery-oriented approach and consumer collaboration in care planning.
- Demonstrated sound written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated skills in time management.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Current NSW Driver?s License.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description and SESLHD Expected Standards
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Martha Kypreos on [email protected]
Applications Close: 20 August 2023