- Full-Time and Part-Time positions available!
- Join a passionate team of professionals who are dedicated to supporting young people
- Annual salary plus 11% Superannuation plus a generous $15,900 salary packaging.
- Wellbeing benefits including corporate fitness discounts and Birthday Leave!
Youturn is a national not-for-profit which delivers Health and Community Services to vulnerable people of all ages across Australia. Trusted to deliver safe, inclusive, and supportive programs, Youturn ensures that those we support can have access to secure and affordable housing and enjoy optimal mental well-being, allowing them to thrive and live a healthy, meaningful life.
In the past year alone, Youturn has provided support to nearly 10,000 individuals through a diverse range of health and community service initiatives. These programs encompass:
- Mental Health: Providing clinical and non-clinical support services to young people to manage their mental health.
- Suicide Prevention: Supporting people and communities bereaved or impacted by suicide.
- Child Safety: Providing children and young people with safe and caring environments.
- Homelessness: Delivering sustainable housing for those in need in our communities.
The Opportunity – 1 x Full Time and 1 x Part Time Position Available
As a Mental Health Clinician with 3+ years experience you will effectively engage and provide evidence based psychological interventions and care coordination for clients with moderate to complex presentations and their family and friends that are referred to our service.
Active outreach is a requirement of this role which will see the successful candidate spend two days a fortnight (overnight stay) visiting smaller rural and regional towns up to 3 hours from Toowoomba.
As one of the first contact points for young people accessing the program, you will need to build a positive rapport with a wide range of clients. We are looking for clinicians skilled in assessing a young person’s needs, including complex risk assessments and the ability to action a plan to mitigate any identified risk.
You will be supported by a highly skilled team and will participate in regular clinical supervision and will be required to present and discuss cases with the clinical care team.
Please respond to each of the following criteria in your cover letter:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Mental Health Counsellors or Psychotherapists whose skills, training and experience are equivalent to the requirements outlined within the Australian Counselling Association Scope of Practice Guidelines at a minimum Level 3 or above or service providers with specialist postgraduate qualifications in relevant mental health clinical fields (e.g.; Masters of Family Therapy, Masters of Addictive Behaviours).
- Experience undertaking comprehensive mental health/risk assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with young people, their families and significant others.
- Skills in delivery of therapeutic psychological interventions and care coordination with young people and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to maximise service coordination and capacity building with community agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and follow established processes that focus on early intervention, engagement, responsiveness and recovery of young people.
- Prior experience or at a minimum demonstrated commitment to working respectfully with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse clients, communities, staff and Aboriginal Controlled Organisations.
- This position will require travel and overnight stays.
- Successful applicants will also need to hold a ‘C’ class Open driver licence, Blue Card issued by Queensland Government and hold, or be eligible to apply for, a Licensed Care Suitability Check issued by the Department of Child Safety, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs.
Why join Youturn?
- Benefits & Leave: Enjoy additional wellbeing benefits including corporate fitness discounts and Birthday Leave!
- Salary Packaging: Maximise your income by increasing your take home pay.
- Culture & Values: Supporting young people in their time of need, is at the heart of what we do at Youturn. Our organisational culture is built on trusting relationships that are meaningful and inclusive. We listen to understand, we embrace diversity and we offer a safe space free from judgement.
To ensure our young people receive individualised support, we invest in team members who embody our values to foster a collaborative culture of excellence.
We’d love to meet you!
If you have the skills, experience and passion to fit our team, please take the next step and apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.