Advert Position Title: Mental Health Facilitator
Employment Type: Casual
Location: Southwest Region
St John WA is a well renowned not-for-profit organisation whose vision and purpose is to serve humanity and build resilient communities.
With more than 130 years’ experience, the culture at St John is underpinned by a strong team spirit and camaraderie with employees and volunteers working together to change lives. This powerful sense of belonging makes St John a place where our people are proud to work.
This combined with over 3000 permanent staff, 6000 volunteers and annual revenues of around $400 million, makes St John the industry leader in the provision of pre-hospital care and related products in Western Australia. Each year we attend in excess of 250,000 people across the state, treat 350,000 patients at our primary health centres and teach over 330,000 people life-saving first aid skills.
Do you want to work for an iconic Western Australian organisation committed to changing lives and making a difference to your community?
At St John our mission is to have everyone in Western Australia trained in First Aid and each year we train over 320,000 people in life saving skills. Our courses range from Provide First Aid, First Aid for Mental Health, Advanced First Aid and Basic Emergency Life Support, Tiny Tots First Aid to Occupational and Industrial First Aid.
A job to be proud of:
We are currently seeking an experienced Mental Health Facilitator to deliver our First Aid for Mental Health courses in Southwest Region. This is an ideal opportunity to Teach your community the importance of wellbeing. Join our supportive team on a Casual basis and help create resilient communities.
What you’ll need:
- Experience in Mental Health, Counselling or Support Service Industry
- A current qualification in Mental Health
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to engage and inspire learners. Previous experience in facilitating Mental Health Training (highly desirable).
- Flexibility and availability to work both weekdays and weekends.
- Friendly and engaging personality.
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills.
- Hold a current ‘Working with Children Card’ or be willing to obtain if successful.
- Current ‘C’ or ‘CA’ class driver’s license.
What’s in it for you?
The successful candidate will be offered an interactive and supportive working environment within a positive and professional team along with:
- Competitive hourly rate
- All training resources provided.
- Electronic device provided.
- Making a significant impact by empowering individuals with life-saving skills.
- Free emergency ambulance cover.
- Free first aid training.
- Ongoing mentorship and development.
Are you ready to change lives?
To apply for this exciting opportunity please select “Apply Now”. Applications must include a detailed cover letter outlining your motivations for this position, a resume, and your outlines facilitation experience and a background within the mental health industry.
If you have any questions, please contact Taylah Montgomery, Talent Sourcing Consultant on (08 9334 1421).
Applications close on Sunday 24th September 2023 at 6pm.
St John WA is committed to creating an inclusive environment which provides a sense of belonging and enables a welcoming, diverse, capable and connected workforce who represent the community we serve. Our goal is to ensure people feel safe to be themselves.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders, nationalities, abilities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, and all other suitable applicants.